Scott Ransom Eride - Bosch battery extender

PB Forum :: eMTB
Scott Ransom Eride - Bosch battery extender
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2022 at 17:00 Quote
I'm looking for someone in the States to modify the battery on my Scott Ransom Eride 920 to allow for a battery extender to be plugged into it. I found a place in Spain, but really don't want to ship my battery to Spain if I don't have to. Does anyone know a shop or person who is doing this kind of work in the US?

Vola Bike is the place in Spain.

Posted: Nov 21, 2022 at 22:20 Quote
Is your bike powered by Bosch? If so, isn’t it just a case of buying the double battery components from Bosch and fitting them with the mounting plate that Scott sells? Read this:
https://www.ebike24.com/blog/bosch-dualbattery-compatibility-installation
I was recently considering doing this but it’s reasonably easy/quick to swap batteries over on my mondraker so I’m just going to buy a second battery and use a waterproof frame battery bag to carry it on long rides. You could just buy the Bosch y cable and extension and plug the battery that’s in the bag into the bike without having to pay for all the mounting hardware

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 10:00 Quote
Spangoolies wrote:
Is your bike powered by Bosch? If so, isn’t it just a case of buying the double battery components from Bosch and fitting them with the mounting plate that Scott sells? Read this:
https://www.ebike24.com/blog/bosch-dualbattery-compatibility-installation
I was recently considering doing this but it’s reasonably easy/quick to swap batteries over on my mondraker so I’m just going to buy a second battery and use a waterproof frame battery bag to carry it on long rides. You could just buy the Bosch y cable and extension and plug the battery that’s in the bag into the bike without having to pay for all the mounting hardware

Good link, thanks.

I did talk to Scott, and the mounting plate that Scott sells wont work for my bike, as the battery won't fit inside the triangle. What you suggest as far as a frame battery bag may work, but would need to be very solid to make sure it doesn't move around. I don't think the mounting hardware would work for my bike anyways.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008173
Mobile Version of Website