New Yeti EMTB?

PB Forum :: eMTB
New Yeti EMTB?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 15, 2023 at 17:13 Quote
I am interested in buying a Yeti 160E, but it's kinda sad to see the 2023 version will be identical to the 2022 model.
Normally, they would upgrade a part or two, so I wonder if Yeti will come out a new model later on 2023?

Just curious, thanks!

Posted: Jan 16, 2023 at 13:03 Quote
xkalash1 wrote:
I am interested in buying a Yeti 160E, but it's kinda sad to see the 2023 version will be identical to the 2022 model.
Normally, they would upgrade a part or two, so I wonder if Yeti will come out a new model later on 2023?

Just curious, thanks!

They do? I thought they have a 2-3 year product cycle? I wouldn't expect to see an updated Yeti 160E till 2024 or 2025 seeing that it just came out in 2022.

Posted: Jan 16, 2023 at 13:15 Quote
Well based on the release of the new Shimano ep801 motor I would guess that Yeti, and all bike brands using Shimano, are going to be updating to that motor ASAP. Based on my experience in the bike industry, they are probably going to drag their feet and keep it secret as long as possible to bag as many full price sales of the ep800 bikes first. But if you buy a new ep800 bike right now plan on it depreciating overnight as soon as those ep801s start shipping. Could be a good opportunity to get a good deal on the ep800 bikes though.

Posted: Jan 16, 2023 at 13:59 Quote
ironxcross wrote:
Well based on the release of the new Shimano ep801 motor I would guess that Yeti, and all bike brands using Shimano, are going to be updating to that motor ASAP. Based on my experience in the bike industry, they are probably going to drag their feet and keep it secret as long as possible to bag as many full price sales of the ep800 bikes first. But if you buy a new ep800 bike right now plan on it depreciating overnight as soon as those ep801s start shipping. Could be a good opportunity to get a good deal on the ep800 bikes though.

Sounds like Shimano updated the clutch mechanism in the EP801 too, and it's a lot quieter from early reports.

Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 6:50 Quote
I'm guessing it will be a day or two before the ep801 gets into production bikes. I'm on the list to get one as soon as you can snag it in parts. Yeti typically has a pretty long model cycle. The 160e was the first out in the new design cycle so I wouldn't expect major changes for a few years. The sb150 ran for 4 years. Yeti doesn't tend to change for the sake of it, and their designs generally hold up for a few years against other best in class bikes.They are a comparatively small manufacturer, so new frame molds most likely won't happen on an annual basis. As it sits, the 160e is a blast. If you want an Enduro focused machine that is as much fun going up as down, I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007072
Mobile Version of Website