Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.
Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 11:28 Quote
Airfreak wrote:
Are people sending in shocks with no issues and getting back new ones?

I have a 22 with no issues yet but only put on 500 miles so far.

Also what’s the process, I can’t find any recall info on fox

I have been told they will not process shocks in working order from a couple people that have asked.

Posted: Jul 19, 2023 at 4:13 Quote
HarryLMTB wrote:
I sent them an e-mail to confirm if they reaplcing/exchanging parts, and specified its an X2 peformance, the response was

"If you are the original owners and can supply proof of purchase and you feel that there is a performance related issue with your shocks then you can fill out a Service Request form and select the 'warranty evaluation' option.
With X2's (MY21-23), we will update the internals to MY24 spec or, (where this is not possible), we may opt to replace the shock. Please note that wear and tear is not a warranty issue and parts needed due to lack of servicing or wear and tear are still chargeable."

I've sent my shock in the mail today and will update whenever I get some news.

Well here's the update, even though my shock is 3 months out of warrnty and had no issues (yet) they upgraded the parts to 2024 spec according to the work sheet and it appears to be for free.
No new shock for me but essentially like a 2024 shock I guess

Posted: Jul 19, 2023 at 4:25 Quote
HarryLMTB wrote:
HarryLMTB wrote:
I sent them an e-mail to confirm if they reaplcing/exchanging parts, and specified its an X2 peformance, the response was

"If you are the original owners and can supply proof of purchase and you feel that there is a performance related issue with your shocks then you can fill out a Service Request form and select the 'warranty evaluation' option.
With X2's (MY21-23), we will update the internals to MY24 spec or, (where this is not possible), we may opt to replace the shock. Please note that wear and tear is not a warranty issue and parts needed due to lack of servicing or wear and tear are still chargeable."

I've sent my shock in the mail today and will update whenever I get some news.

Well here's the update, even though my shock is 3 months out of warrnty and had no issues (yet) they upgraded the parts to 2024 spec according to the work sheet and it appears to be for free.
No new shock for me but essentially like a 2024 shock I guess
FOC

Posted: Jul 19, 2023 at 6:37 Quote
Yeah they've been great to be fair can't fault the quality of service and glad they're dealing with this in a good way.

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2023 at 7:27 Quote
Airfreak wrote:

There’s a link in one of my previous comments. What Fox told me is they are replacing X2s that have ongoing problems with MY24 versions. :shrug: I wouldn’t send yours in unless there’s a problem.

Posted: Jul 19, 2023 at 10:29 Quote
SPSuspension wrote:
Airfreak wrote:

I have been told they will not process shocks in working order from a couple people that have asked.

In my experience (just a few days ago) they've done a free service and exchanged parts to MY24 spec on an out of warranty (15 months old) and i had no current issues.
plus my brother has done the exact same thing except he has shaft wear which they replaced with a kashima one for £30 (35% off they have an upgrade discount currently). Absolutely nothing bad to say about Fox UK honestly.

Posted: Jul 22, 2023 at 14:35 Quote
Just rode an X2 on a brand new Transition Spire, within four hour long rides it was leaking oil and squelching.

Posted: Jul 23, 2023 at 1:40 Quote
HarryLMTB wrote:
SPSuspension wrote:
Airfreak wrote:

In my experience (just a few days ago) they've done a free service and exchanged parts to MY24 spec on an out of warranty (15 months old) and i had no current issues.
plus my brother has done the exact same thing except he has shaft wear which they replaced with a kashima one for £30 (35% off they have an upgrade discount currently). Absolutely nothing bad to say about Fox UK honestly.

That's not out of warranty, we get 24 months in the UK (and Europe I believe) under law for most things, one to remember if a company ever tries to fob you off claiming something is out of warranty if over 12 months.

Posted: Jul 27, 2023 at 1:50 Quote
the stanchion on the threads inside the upper eyelit for the trunnion model started leaking, cracked, sent mine infor warranty they sent me a brand new 2024 working awesome so far, four rides on it and I took 3 weeks in totalto get the new shock

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2023 at 13:36 Quote
Glad I found this thread. I have a new 2022 X2 with probably less than 20 hours in on it. I have found the ride to be super harsh but also bottoming out. I'm riding at 230 with two dampers, I weigh around 190-195 in gear. . I thought I found an oil drop when adjusting it last night. Will have to have a much closer look.

Posted: Aug 18, 2023 at 15:06 Quote
I've got a 2021 Factory X2 that has never given a particularly smooth ride vs a rockshox equivalent, where it has a lot of trouble tracking the ground. Hitting a root at high speed, the rear will buck up without compressing much, and instead only go through the travel range as my weight comes back down from the bucking. It acts/feels like HSC is fully closed and LSC is fully open, but naturally both HSC and LSC are wide open. Running 30% sag, I can use heaps of travel on a big landing, but on smaller sharp hits like the root, the wheel is constant bouncing off the ground on impacts.

I know there's a lot of talk about issues with the 2021 model and that people are having them updated to 2024 spec. Does this sound like behaviour that would warrant the update? Last service was ~12m ago but it hasn't seen much use as it's a backup bike. Of course it's out of warranty now so not sure how to proceed.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2023 at 15:11 Quote
Yes, I would contact them.
megabobra wrote:
I've got a 2021 Factory X2 that has never given a particularly smooth ride vs a rockshox equivalent, where it has a lot of trouble tracking the ground. Hitting a root at high speed, the rear will buck up without compressing much, and instead only go through the travel range as my weight comes back down from the bucking. It acts/feels like HSC is fully closed and LSC is fully open, but naturally both HSC and LSC are wide open. Running 30% sag, I can use heaps of travel on a big landing, but on smaller sharp hits like the root, the wheel is constant bouncing off the ground on impacts.

I know there's a lot of talk about issues with the 2021 model and that people are having them updated to 2024 spec. Does this sound like behaviour that would warrant the update? Last service was ~12m ago but it hasn't seen much use as it's a backup bike. Of course it's out of warranty now so not sure how to proceed.

Posted: Aug 23, 2023 at 15:18 Quote
I recently purchased a used 2022 X2 that ended up being really harsh. There was next to zero compression adjustment. I called FOX to inquire their recommendation. They said to send it in for a warranty request and they'll replace it with a new 2024. I went on their website and completed their service request form and marked it as a warranty request. Within a day I received an email back with the instructions on where to ship. In less than two weeks from my initial phone call, I had a brand new 2024 at my door.

I'd say FOX is definitely doing what it takes to correct the issue.

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2023 at 18:55 Quote
What’s the difference between the X2 and the DPX2? I have the latter but my issues sound just like the X2 issues. I don’t want to send this in for warranty just for them to tell me I’m SOL.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009770
Mobile Version of Website