Sram Juicy sevens

PB Forum :: SRAM
Sram Juicy sevens
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 9:13 Quote
oops.. dble post

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 9:17 Quote
take your rear wheel out of the frame and pull your rear brake lever, this will push the pads very close together and then take a small CLEAN flathead screwdriver and push them apart just enough to fit the disc again that will tighten up the feel.

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 9:33 Quote
STAY WITH AVID,NO HEYES IS BETTER THAN ANY JUICY!!!!

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 10:20 Quote
Thanks kennedy I'll try that ans see if that makes and dif

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 10:25 Quote
yeah.. sticking a screw driver between your brakepads will probably be a lot more helpful than getting air out of the system.. what was I thinking.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 14:05 Quote
It is just a suggestion as a quick fix for his problem. Eventually they will nedd to be beld but the season is almost over so might as well ride and get them bled over the winter.

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 11:41 Quote
Doesn't matter I'm taking the pieces of shit off and putting some codes on.Really disapointed with the Juicys.....hate to say it, rode my Hayes for 3 years and never had a problem, I heard all this shit about how Juicys are way better and more powerful bla bla bla... load of shit to me so far anyway. I'm going to try these codes and if they aren't right I'll be going back to hayes!

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 13:57 Quote
Go4Broke wrote:
Doesn't matter I'm taking the pieces of shit off and putting some codes on.Really disapointed with the Juicys.....hate to say it, rode my Hayes for 3 years and never had a problem, I heard all this shit about how Juicys are way better and more powerful bla bla bla... load of shit to me so far anyway. I'm going to try these codes and if they aren't right I'll be going back to hayes!

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 14:13 Quote
Go4Broke wrote:

no brake will have any power if the pads are contaiminated. im hoping you checked that before posting about how bad they are....ive had juicy carbons on my bike and they are plenty powerful. im probably never going to switch from Juicy brakes, they have served me well, are easy to maintain and parts are plentiful.

FL
Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 15:23 Quote
spjumpr wrote:
sell them and ge code fives(same as codes but without the pad adjusyt feature)

im deciding to get either juicy seven or code 5, which is better for the front and which for the rear

Posted: Sep 20, 2008 at 20:08 Quote
i just bought juicy 7n's. l rode one day on them and the rear one is as you said not as crisp its more like crap i cant stand it when my breaks dont work for any info pm me thanks

Posted: Sep 20, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
AlienFrame wrote:
i just bought juicy 7n's. l rode one day on them and the rear one is as you said not as crisp its more like crap i cant stand it when my breaks dont work for any info pm me thanks

Bleed them and break them in. You'll be happy.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 4:52 Quote
Hey guys

Any brake will work more efficiently if you have it properly bled by an experience or qualified mechanic. the reason for the spongy feel is that there is air in the system so a bleed will sort this. Sram have even posted a video of a step by step guide for people on youtube. i would recommend you to get a bleed kit and do it yourself or go to a well recommended bike shop to have it redone.

i use juicy ultimates on my 4x and xc and they work more efficiently than the brakes i have had in the past easy to maintain and bleed when needed. power wise i run the juicy carbon lever assemblies on avid ultimate calipers on my dh bike and the are plenty powerfull enough. but any of the juicys you can make work just as well with the correct setup and bleed.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 5:10 Quote
Hi Guys, one good and fast way to break in new pads is to just take a small bottle of water and as u ride, pour some water where the calipers meet the rotors while cycling slowly and brake a few times.. I guarantee that if you are not careful, u are gonna has an OTB experience.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013446
Mobile Version of Website