What's better american football or rugby?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
What's better american football or rugby?
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 4:57 Quote
brettyg wrote:
Nope, sorry guys, they haven't got anything on Aussie Rules Football. Shame it isn't international though, 'cause then Australia would win even more games like that!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Im pretty sure aussie rules is full of gimps, who starts a game by running through crate paper after all
And no one does drop kicks or screw punts anymore. The sport has got nothing on rugby 'cept aids n herpes

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 8:54 Quote
nah.....football (soccer as americans called it) is sh*t and anyway england are pish at rugby they dont pllay proper just kicking rugby wihich is pathetic if u watch any other team u see how real rugby is played.....australia r a much better team england SUCK

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 8:58 Quote
Canadian Football.

GO RIDERS!!!

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 9:03 Quote
Rugby. Football more people get hurt, but its cause they think their invincible with thier pads. Plus in rugby your not stopping every 10 seconds for a drink and a break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYvvlggk9WY

the real sport there. Falling on ice bears an eerie similarity to falling on pavement Confused

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 9:09 Quote
South Africa is the sh*t!!! 2007 IRB WC Winners

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 9:11 Quote
FIRST THINGS FIRST. american football isnt football. its men who run with a ball. football is what americans call soccer. SOCCER dosnt exist! its football

anyway yes. american football is just as brutal really, you have armour but then the weight of it makes tackles pretty savage. its unsophisticated and pretty shit game.
Rugby is tactical and a bloody good game, much better. aussie rules is fuuny too, crazy convict nutters

oh yeh we may have lost to RSA but that guy who got owned into the camera! lol

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 10:12 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
FIRST THINGS FIRST. american football isnt football. its men who run with a ball. football is what americans call soccer. SOCCER dosnt exist! its football

anyway yes. american football is just as brutal really, you have armour but then the weight of it makes tackles pretty savage. its unsophisticated and pretty shit game.
Rugby is tactical and a bloody good game, much better. aussie rules is fuuny too, crazy convict nutters

England definitely deserve 2nd place and Argentina are going to be the next WC Champions, they are just so bloody good.

I just hate our country's politics. I'm glad we won it this year as our minister of sport said that this was going to be the last white team to leave for the world cup! ridiculous if you ask me.

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 10:28 Quote
rugby oviously no pussy pads here

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 10:40 Quote
i'd have to go with rugby, but i'm not a big fan of either.

I've always wanted to do an experiment with an NFL game... how long does a full game last, start to finish, including 1/2 time??... 3 or 4 hours?? I would like to take a stop watch and see how long the ball is actually in play.... 10 or 20 minutes maybe? The rest of the time is just switching special teams, ref's throwing flags and having conferences over calls, coaches on the radios to managers, guys doing dance routines in the end zone.. wtf is that?... rediculous. They do wear pads and helmets for a reason though... the plays are much more explosive and the hits are way harder than rugby.... rarely do you have two guys running full tilt head on at each other in rugby, often in football with people extending for a pass and blind to the hit. there are big hits in rugby, but most of it is more of a grind.

again, not a fan or either, but rugby over NFL for sure.

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 10:40 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:

Only because that toby whatever *ag pushed him, I'm delighted South Africa won. I wouldn't be able to bare another four years of the bullshit. You'd be nothing without pretty boy Johnny, who admitted a few years ago that he prefers soccer to rugby.

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 10:41 Quote
Rugby all the way.Nurse

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 10:42 Quote
Rugby is awesome, I really miss playing it at school.

Shame about England's defeat to the RSA but i guess they deserved it. The cameraman getting owned was hilarious!

I really admire the NZ all blacks. Im sure any american football player would be shaking in their armour at the sight of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWv7lcHZXHE

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 11:39 Quote
you cant even compare the 2
rugby is a sport for barbarians
football...for fat asses

watch some old clips of the all blacks play and ull agree w/ me

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015647
Mobile Version of Website