Has Evolve Bikes in Squamish shut it's doors?

PB Forum :: eMTB
Has Evolve Bikes in Squamish shut it's doors?
O+ FL
Posted: May 1, 2023 at 21:44 Quote
Confirmed today, the website now says: Due to unforeseen circumstances Evolve Bikes has ceased all operations.

For anyone looking to get a frame warranty you may be able to go straight through the icann bikes factory.

FL
Posted: May 1, 2023 at 23:28 Quote
the-other-skier wrote:
Confirmed today, the website now says: Due to unforeseen circumstances Evolve Bikes has ceased all operations.

For anyone looking to get a frame warranty you may be able to go straight through the icann bikes factory.

in others words, thanks for your money... CYAAAAA

Posted: May 2, 2023 at 19:09 Quote
eh-steve wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:

a couple of people involved, team cash grab.

Hmm.. is this info correct? I'd go by the incorporation docs over PB, but if Aron is correct.. isn't he the guy that owns/owned Evolve Ski bikes etc in PG? Now Players Bench or whatever. Did it start from that and they decided to brand some open molds?

I'm sure Aron is easy enough to find.

If that info is correct the guy named: Dylan Methot owns Mostly Metal Shuttles up in kamloops I wonder if he would have more info or would just tell ya to get bent?

O+
Posted: May 2, 2023 at 20:08 Quote
Really surprised by the sudden disappearance!

For how many years has Evolve been building bikes in Squamish?

O+
Posted: May 4, 2023 at 11:33 Quote
Standaman wrote:
If that info is correct the guy named: Dylan Methot owns Mostly Metal Shuttles up in kamloops I wonder if he would have more info or would just tell ya to get bent?

That would explain the huge Evolve graphic on the side of the shuttle van.

Posted: May 5, 2023 at 16:52 Quote
How does someone in such a small community get away with this?Especially if more then one person involved? They have been in the Squamish area for a while.
I saw they were bring a new Canadian made bike to market, I was actually interested in it. I thought Matt was pretty good to deal with? Wonder if pinkbike will run a article of there closing

FL
Posted: May 5, 2023 at 17:19 Quote
probably not, Pinkbike is to "industrial" and market correct to call any brands out etc

Wasnt evolve taking paid preorders for that new frame? I dont believe for one second they will come out an be honest - They've quite clearly taken money etc and just closed up shop and bolted.

FL
Posted: May 8, 2023 at 7:07 Quote
Theplumber2459 wrote:
How does someone in such a small community get away with this?Especially if more then one person involved? They have been in the Squamish area for a while.
I saw they were bring a new Canadian made bike to market, I was actually interested in it. I thought Matt was pretty good to deal with? Wonder if pinkbike will run a article of there closing

I sent a message to Brian Park outlining the situation including a link to this thread on April 26 for what it's worth. He responded, so they are at least aware of it.

O+
Posted: May 8, 2023 at 7:27 Quote
eh-steve wrote:
Standaman wrote:

That would explain the huge Evolve graphic on the side of the shuttle van.

He actually sold the business a couple years ago and doesn't own Mostly Mental anymore. This is the second season with new owners. The Evolve graphic is long gone

Posted: May 13, 2023 at 22:59 Quote
eh-steve wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:

a couple of people involved, team cash grab.

Hmm.. is this info correct? I'd go by the incorporation docs over PB, but if Aron is correct.. isn't he the guy that owns/owned Evolve Ski bikes etc in PG? Now Players Bench or whatever. Did it start from that and they decided to brand some open molds?

I'm sure Aron is easy enough to find.

No this is a totally different and unrelated brand. Evolve in PG (Aron) was a yearound outdoor gear store: skis bikes ( trek giant specialized). Evolve Bikes (Matt B) out of Squamish only sold their own brand of bike. I bought one 2 years ago and it's still great.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2023 at 9:03 Quote
RE: dealing with ICAN for warranty that EVOLVE BIKES shirked responsibility for.
Just putting it out there that I've been dealing with Perry at ICAN for a de-lamination issue of my wife's Exodus ebike and it's not been easy! Not sure if Evolve Bikes owed/owes them anything but I'm finding ICAN is not very sympathetic to our situation even though Evolve bikes are ICAN bikes. I'm hoping they'll honour these claims that fall inside the warranty period. Anyone else had to deal directly with ICAN for warranty issues caused by this bankruptcy?

O+
Posted: May 25, 2023 at 18:04 Quote
mgdenault wrote:
RE: dealing with ICAN for warranty that EVOLVE BIKES shirked responsibility for.
Just putting it out there that I've been dealing with Perry at ICAN for a de-lamination issue of my wife's Exodus ebike and it's not been easy! Not sure if Evolve Bikes owed/owes them anything but I'm finding ICAN is not very sympathetic to our situation even though Evolve bikes are ICAN bikes. I'm hoping they'll honour these claims that fall inside the warranty period. Anyone else had to deal directly with ICAN for warranty issues caused by this bankruptcy?

I have an Exodus as well, if something goes wrong I figure I'm just gonna be out about $800 for a new frame from ICAN or Lightcarbon, the actual Manufacturer. Reading all this, guess I'm lucky I actually got a bike in exchange for $$. Good luck to us!

O+
Posted: May 26, 2023 at 3:20 Quote
Aron Alexander was the owner of Evolve Bike, Board and Ski in PG. He sold the business years ago to another local guy who then sold it to the owners of Players Bench. Aron now lives in Kamloops and works for Remax. I'm pretty sure he never had anything to do with the Evolve Bikes.

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2023 at 15:57 Quote
Update to the Exodus saga…for those looking for the actual, actual manufacturer of the Evolve Exodus frame, it’s QYH Carbon Tech Co.,Ltd. I’ve spoken to ICAN…not them; I’ve spoken to Light Carbon…not them. It was through the guy at Light Carbon, that put me on to them. My hope, however, for warranty of our frame, is diminishing.

Posted: Jul 16, 2023 at 15:31 Quote
Should I be weary about buying a en Evolve bike off PB? I only say this cause I cant look up anything about the bikes and there arent many reviews.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.045342
Mobile Version of Website