Female knee pads

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 11:39 Quote
My wife is 5' and has larger thighs. She is currently in a medium set of POC VDP's, but they chafe. Has anyone seen anything specifically designed for female builds? For reference, I am 6'1" and wear the same pads.

Thank you

Posted: Jun 20, 2023 at 8:27 Quote
My wife and I stopped by Fanatik Bike the other day to find her some new knee pads. She tried on everything they had in the store in a variety of sizes and decided she liked the Fox Enduro Pro D3O knee pads the best. She almost went for a pair of IXS Flow Evo+ pads but liked the way the Foxes fit her better. She's 5'4" and runs/trains a lot and has short legs but strong quads and calves. Her typical fit problems are with pads sliding down and digging in at the same time and they often sit lower on her shins than intended. We got one short ride on Galbraith and she liked the way they felt when riding, fortunately she didn't test their impact resistance.

My recommendation is to try to get to a shop with a wide variety of options and try everything possible.

FL
Posted: Jun 23, 2023 at 14:46 Quote
Took my wife a while to find pads that worked for her... she settled on Raceface indy's because they just have a great combination of stretch / holding power / comfort.

I'd still suggest finding a shop that stocks them and going in to try them on first.

Posted: Jun 24, 2023 at 9:12 Quote
You might repost this at https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/girls-clubhouse/ to get more women's input.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006864
Mobile Version of Website