Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
O+
Posted: May 17, 2013 at 20:12 Quote
Drive up there (to moose) this morning, spitting when I got there and after I dropped off my buddies for the first run it started raining harder and when they finished the run they said it was muddy the whole run through, they did t-dub. Also talked to people who did race of spades, they said it was the same, very muddy. Mind you this was before 12 noon, we left after that so I'm not sure if It got sunny after that and dried out

O+
Posted: May 17, 2013 at 20:38 Quote
Turd-Ferguson wrote:
Are pneuma and race of spades good?
Both were in decent shape late Friday afternoon, with recent precip leaving trails generally damp with a handful of minor puddles on ROS.
I rode up Pnuema from the bottom, closing the loop after ROS via Elbow Valley, and then down lower Pnuema.
That was a bit of a bad call as I had forgotten how much of a slog that old clapped out horse trail (EV) was.
Next time I'll just hit the highway as usual.
Only thing to watch out for are some slippery nut-cracking roots as you grind up PnuemaEek .
Oh yeah, one tree down on Pnuema- I knew about it but forgot the pruning saw in my truck.
Any lurkers out there been on Packers? Any trees down?
It's about time for my annual tree clearing ride there, if required.

Posted: May 18, 2013 at 7:01 Quote
aka-bigsteve wrote:
Any lurkers out there been on Packers? Any trees down?

Leon reporting on bike pirate that Moosepackers is open with just a few short sections of snow (13May). No mention of any trees down.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2013 at 7:34 Quote
Rode from station flats parking lot up Ridgeback 1,2,3 to the base of the moosepackers switchbacks - Friday 10am to 12. Trails in great shape on the way out, but started to rain pretty consistently on the way back, turning trails into alot of slop. No snow anywhere....

Posted: May 18, 2013 at 10:49 Quote
Rode pneuma, moosepackers, ridgeback yesterday afternoon. Some snow at the top of moosepackers as reported, and a bit sloppy at the bottom of ridgeback after the rain but not too bad. Also one tree down at the top of packers, but it was in the snowy section anyways.

Posted: May 18, 2013 at 15:41 Quote
Did Montaine all the way to the tower drop yesterday. It is G2G. On the drive out the rain looked like it went from moose to cox pretty extensively. The good news might be that the rain clears off JP Cox. Here's to hoping anyway.

Posted: May 18, 2013 at 16:00 Quote
razors edge good to go as of this morning. some wet spots coming up quaite

Posted: May 18, 2013 at 17:10 Quote
Rain held off in fernie till late afternoon. Southern comfort was primo today. Tacky and fun. Fack that climb hurts...

Posted: May 19, 2013 at 5:39 Quote
Anyone know if West Bragg trails (Goldilocks loop in particular) are still rideable? I am thinking of heading there this morning.

Posted: May 19, 2013 at 7:43 Quote
Spooley99 wrote:
Anyone know if West Bragg trails (Goldilocks loop in particular) are still rideable? I am thinking of heading there this morning.

Please don't ride Strange Brew wet. It is very new build/rebuild/re-re-repair and hence very soft and prone to damage when wet. If it starts raining or you encounter wet patches riding up Ranger Summit please reverse the way you came. Other areas would be a better bet as most of West Bragg turns to mud soup in rain. Forecast looks ugly.

Posted: May 19, 2013 at 7:54 Quote
It's already raining in Bragg Creek - give it a miss.
P.S. Goldilocks?? What an awful name for a great loop (in the dry).

O+
Posted: May 19, 2013 at 8:16 Quote
Still a lot of snow high on Skogan Pass, unrideable from ~1.5km below the summit on the Canmore side. (on a fatbike too, its all rotten snow)

O+
Posted: May 19, 2013 at 13:30 Quote
got to Station Flats at 11am and it was bucketing down with standing water already

O+
Posted: May 19, 2013 at 16:29 Quote
"Just follow the BLUE DOTs" they said.

"Don't forget to bump up the compression" they said.

Forgive me RE for I have strayed, and this new mistress was "Wow, just wow!" Well you guys have made my decision easy...SW instead of N it isSmile

Posted: May 19, 2013 at 18:45 Quote
Magical, yet intense day in drumheller today... no rain whatsoever.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017740
Mobile Version of Website