Powered by Outside

Canyon Shapeshifter Durability

PB Forum :: Canyon
Canyon Shapeshifter Durability
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2023 at 7:07 Quote
Looking at getting the Canyon Strive Underdog, but my mechanic is hesitant with this bike due to the shapeshifter. I crash more than most according to my mechanic, so he thinks I will break my shapeshifter. Can anyone speak on the durability and/ or reliability of the shapeshifter?

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2023 at 20:13 Quote
Mattman8879 wrote:
Looking at getting the Canyon Strive Underdog, but my mechanic is hesitant with this bike due to the shapeshifter. I crash more than most according to my mechanic, so he thinks I will break my shapeshifter. Can anyone speak on the durability and/ or reliability of the shapeshifter?

I cannot speak to long term reliability, but my new Strive CFR has been problem free so far. Granted I've only racked up 200-ish miles on it so far. If I recall the first gen shapeshifter had some reliability issues, but have not heard of any significant problems with the new model. I will say this about the new strive, it is the first bike I can recall where I instantly felt at home on it. No adjustment period, just headed out and started shredding and destroyed pretty much every one of my PR's within a couple rides. (Most recently coming from a Propain Tyee and Evil Wreckoning, both 2022 models)

Posted: Apr 24, 2024 at 13:59 Quote
Mattman8879 wrote:

Mine has been very reliable so far, no issues.

BikeYoke makes a rigid replacement (ModFixxer) that you can replace it with to keep yourself riding if it needs to be serviced.

I'm the second owner of my Strive so the thing that worries me is getting replacement parts for it. Particularly the levers, I've never seen them listed for sale on Canyon's page.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008451
Mobile Version of Website