Highland Mountain Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - East
Highland Mountain Bike Park
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 10:41 Quote
billy fixed my tacoed wheel for me so I could put a couple more runs in. He's the man.

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 11:34 Quote
mkitsis2 wrote:
deleted

Cover up the secrets!

I have one word...

Bowels!

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 19:42 Quote
so i just got home from a meeting with dustin my trek rep for the shop i work at and the work is 20 trek remedy 9's and i think he said 10 or so session 88 fr's

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 20:24 Quote
this is the year i think, big sponsor like trek and more and more ppl know about it from the movies like altitudes and NWD9
us locals are gonna get pissed because of the long lift lines haha

Imagine if every weekend was like the one where we had the second gs2 race/collegiate race on the same day!!!

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 3:31 Quote
not to say there is much wrong with the lift system that they have now, but i think that the time will come from a lift upgrade. high speed quad... i dont know. but with all the coverage from the mags and movies highland is going to be huge!

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 3:52 Quote
as of right now i dont think there is enough money kicking around for a h.s. quad.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 4:45 Quote
the time will come for a lift upgrade when there are lift lines at all times, mark is still expanding the company adding new features to the park which costs alot of money, im going to say upgrading the lift is at the bottom of his list, but to be honest sometimes that 12-13 min ride is a nice break

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 4:58 Quote
How long is the average run at Highland? I mean on the way down of course. Longer decents are always a plus but I don't know if the mountain has a higher vertical than the Jersey Mountain.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 4:59 Quote
cake1dlx wrote:
How long is the average run at Highland? I mean on the way down of course. Longer decents are always a plus but I don't know if the mountain has a higher vertical than the Jersey Mountain.

average is about 5-10 minutes. sub 4 if your a ripper. threshold is short and sweet though

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 5:02 Quote
ctbiker888 wrote:
cake1dlx wrote:

average is about 5-10 minutes. sub 4 if your a ripper. threshold is short and sweet though

Highland sounds so sick. Definately making a trip this summer. I would want to make it a weekend, so is there anywhere to camp around there? Or any cheap hotels?

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 5:03 Quote
The mountain in NJ is called Diablo and it has just about 1000 vertical feet. Highland has 650, so the runs are shorter, around 5 minutes.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 5:04 Quote
runner wrote:
The mountain in NJ is called Diablo and it has just about 1000 vertical feet. Highland has 650, so the runs are shorter, around 5 minutes.

Thanks man. Diablo is what I was wanting it compared to. Didn't say that in my post though.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 5:14 Quote
Highland is easily just as much fun, if not more, than Diablo though.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011322
Mobile Version of Website