5'10- 5'11 MTBikers that ride a 19" frame

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
5'10- 5'11 MTBikers that ride a 19" frame
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 1, 2023 at 18:53 Quote
Are there any riders here that are or in between 5'10" - 5'11" that ride or prefer a large 19" inch frame MTB? Big or just right? Would like to hear your experiences! Also if you are in that height range what size frame do you ride.

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2023 at 20:07 Quote
I'm 5'10" and with most bikes I'm in between M and L frame sizes, it really depends on the bike - there is enough variation in sizing that generalising M or L doesn't work.

I can get a decent idea from the reach/stack/top tube figures what will fit me better, but still usually end up changing stem and bars etc for a better fit.

I currently have an M Reign 29, there is a big gap between M and L and the L felt clearly too big on a carpark test. But I swapped it from 40mm up to 50mm stem and 40mm rise bars. I wish they had made an in-between size like some other brands do.

I also have an L Merida Big Trail 500 hardtail, which I swapped from 50mm down to 35mm stem.

Posted: Oct 2, 2023 at 19:29 Quote
I always end up on a large. Unless you have short legs, I always end up with the bars or contols hitting my knees on swtchbacks or tight turns trying to ride a medium. I am a tick over 5'11", with a 33" inseam. I have had XL's too, but I realized L was where I needed to be. Had a shop try to put me on a medium. I knew pretty quick it was too small, even with modern geo.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008393
Mobile Version of Website