DH helmet you can Enduro with

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DH helmet you can Enduro with
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Oct 17, 2023 at 7:41 Quote
Hi, I'm looking for a helmet, prioritizing safety, for enduro racing and some bike park riding. I have giro switchblade for enduros that would be more pedal oriented, but some bike park days and the chunkier enduro's, I dont have a lot of trust in that helmet.

Currently thinking:
-Leatt Gravity 4.0, but worried it might not be "enough". Gravity 8 could be an option too I guess.
-Fox Rampage comp: maybe a bit heavy for the transfers, I suppose I can get over that in the interest of safety.
-Giro insurgent Spherical - Seems to be leading the way in tech, I may actually be leaning towards this, despite it being the most expensive right now

I have a history of concussions, so want to make a decent choice here. Id rather not spend huge money, but would for the right helmet.

I posted this on another forum, and only got suggestions for 800g lightweight Enduro helmets, this is not what Im looking for.

Posted: Oct 17, 2023 at 15:45 Quote
Got the Giro Insurgent delivered today replacing my Fox Proframe. Fits perfectly and makes the Fox feel like a plastic bucket. Doesn't feel too heavy. Got a good discount.

Smith Mainline could also fit your bill

FL
Posted: Oct 18, 2023 at 9:11 Quote
bensenno1 wrote:
Got the Giro Insurgent delivered today replacing my Fox Proframe. Fits perfectly and makes the Fox feel like a plastic bucket. Doesn't feel too heavy. Got a good discount.

Smith Mainline could also fit your bill

Very close to pulling the trigger on the insurgent, wish I could find a deal though, ha.

I was worried the Smith would be a bit too lightweight/enduro, wish I could find one to check out.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006442
Mobile Version of Website