Powered by Outside

OnTIme Phantom VS VoltBike Enduro

PB Forum :: eMTB
OnTIme Phantom VS VoltBike Enduro
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 10, 2024 at 20:03 Quote
I was looking to buy a budget EMTB to get started in the hobby. I will mainly be riding single track with rocks and roots, nothing too technical. I narrowed my search down to 2 options, the OnTime Phantom or the VoltBike Enduro. The Ontime is $2000 and voltbike is $2500. The Ontime has worse specs (which is fine for the price compared to Voltbike), so I was thinking I would buy the Ontime and upgrade it over time as needed. Should I do this or go for the more reputable better known which is Voltbike.
Thanks!

Posted: Mar 17, 2024 at 13:47 Quote
For $2.5k you can get a nice used pedal bike. Personally I'd much rather have a nice pedal bike than a cheap ebike. The cheap ebike will not be much fun to ride and you will constantly be fixing and replacing the cheap parts. Buy a normal bike, have some fun riding that around. When you decide to save up and make the jump to and ebike your legs and skills will be stronger and you'll be able to tear it up.

And I'm not being elitist saying you need the $12k ebike either, you can get a solid budget ebike for $4-6k. But not $2k.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006925
Mobile Version of Website