Powered by Outside

Trek Fuel EXE

PB Forum :: eMTB
Trek Fuel EXE
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 16, 2024 at 14:39 Quote
Getting close to pulling the trigger on one. Rode one in the parking lot, impressed, but not as much as being able to get it on trail. Would like to hear from those that have them. Would like to understand some details on how it compares to riding normal in each of the power modes. For example, how fast would Eco take you up a climb that you would normally be at, say 5mph?

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 17, 2024 at 18:20 Quote
In Eco mode (which I have configured to add 50% assist up to a max of 300w) I seem to be averaging 1-2mph more on my local climbs. In trail mode it’s 2-3mph more.

Posted: Mar 17, 2024 at 18:48 Quote
Thanks. Interesting. So, not doubling speed, but does sound a decent improvement. Has it been satisfactory? I do want to carry more speed, but don't think I want a full power ebike, don't think I am ready for that.

Any other insight to consider?

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 17, 2024 at 21:02 Quote
I love mine but I mostly ride with friends on regular MTBs. I’ve heard it’s much less suitable if you want to ride with full fat eMTBs.

I’d suggest checking out the EXe megathread at EMTB Forums if you want to get a broad overview of how people feel about the bike.

Posted: Mar 18, 2024 at 4:51 Quote
I would be the first in my small group, but I end up by myself most of the time.

I will check it out, but I am not a member there, wanted to build a discussion here. I'd rather not have to read thru pages of irrelevant information. So, if you guys don't mind speaking to a few specific things, would be great.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2024 at 14:04 Quote
I've had mine for 18 months of riding 2-3x a week, mainly black & dbl black PNW enduro trails. Mine is set up mullet with a zeb up front. Overall very happy with it.

Durability wise, I had a remote fail and just had an issue with the motor "clutch" failing. Although I didn't buy at my local trek store, they have been awesome about warrantying stuff, no charge for labor. I'm confidant the motor will be warrantied and given the amount of vert I've put on this bike I am not surprised it's had an issue. Overall the frame has been the most reliable part of the bike Wink

Prior to this I had a Norco VLT (Shimano motor) which threw error codes frequently. The range wasn't much better despite the bike being 10lbs heavier. It did have more power though.

It does totally blend in on "mixed" rides, and if your friends are patient it can hang with full-power bikes on shorter rides. I love how quiet and natural feeling it is, and no error codes. For me, that's all worth some sacrifice in range/speed compared to the Fazua bikes.

Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 11:41 Quote
Thanks. Been reading the mega thread mentioned here and see your posts. Mine is being put together today. Will spend a couple days with it see how it goes (keep it or not). I know the answer! And then will start moving parts from my other bike. Seems there can be somw issues and will be paying attn to them. Will follow up once I get to ride it. Curious as to how much more speed I can carry uphill now. Never been the strongest climber, so this may just put me back with my fast friends. Haha. No one I ride with has an ebike, so I might end up finding others to ride with. Ha! Will be joining the other website as soon as I get mine, read thru the thread.

Posted: Jun 9, 2024 at 11:16 Quote
Went from a haibike with Bosch 75NM to my new fuel exe. Could not be happier. Love this bike. Keeps full MTB feel with just the perfect amount of pwr to get me up the hills that would shorten my ride by 75% without the assist. I am able to ride 3 times a week, a 20 mile loop I have here in SoCal. Burn 1800 calories, and put in more watts by 15% then the e-motor. It’s a life changer for me .

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007185
Mobile Version of Website