Powered by Outside

Carbon va alloy wheels

PB Forum :: eMTB
Carbon va alloy wheels
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2024 at 20:19 Quote
Hi, I know maybe there are lots of threads with this info.

I got my transition repeater pt 3 weeks ago oh boy I am in love with it. In a shop they recommended me later on to get some carbon wheels. They told me forge and bond. Has anyone felt a real difference to make up for 1800 dollars. Should I do it?

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 2:56 Quote
I would say try the wheels you have first, see how they hold up, alot of folks don't have any issues running an alloy wheelset. For me I had to go carbon, the alloy wheels I tried did not hold up to my riding style and always needed to be trued or spokes replaced. Since I have gone carbon I have only had 1 broken spoke in about 2 years and wheels have stayed true. If you do go carbon do your research and get a set that has a good warranty and good support for when you need it.

Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 14:51 Quote
Kick the hell out of your alloy wheels first. Save your $ and buy carbon when it’s time. I have been on carbon wheels for a few years and won’t go back to alloy. Hardly ever need truing and trail feel is awesome.
For the record, I’m on WAO Strife built on Onyx Vespar hubs. Tough wheel set!

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 10:43 Quote
If money is not a concern, carbon wheels will 100% ride better and IMO there's no point putting it off if you think you're going to do it down the road anyway. I think a big factor is can you afford to upgrade without selling the alloy wheels. Biggest downside to carbon is that a crack makes them unrideable and typically pretty long down time waiting for a replacement. Having a backup wheelset in the garage is a great luxury to have.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006728
Mobile Version of Website