Which fork is better for racing, a 888 or a Boxxer?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Which fork is better for racing, a 888 or a Boxxer?
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 13:04 Quote
dave99 wrote:
trekrules wrote:
Love my 888 ATA WC they are realy nice and ligth toFab Big Grin ,so much ligther than all other 888's.

So it's winter in the northern hemisphere. Have you actually ridden them on the DH trail yet? How long have you had them? What were you riding prior to these?

I'm deciding what to get for my next DH rig and like the low axle-to-crown of the Boxxers + new 888s but don't know how either of them feel. I do know the '06 888 RC2X feels awesome through small bumps and for big hits off large drops + jumps gone awry. That's my benchmark. Don't know what to expect with the Boxxers or new 888 ATA WC. I get the feeling they don't ramp progressively like the 888 RC2X. Can anybody set me straight on this point based on experience?

Thanks!

i have the rc3 wc and i find that the small bumps are easaly absobed and so are the big hucks but in the middle it can be abit jerky but im still fidling with the set up

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 13:39 Quote
dave99 wrote:
trekrules wrote:
Love my 888 ATA WC they are realy nice and ligth toFab Big Grin ,so much ligther than all other 888's.

So it's winter in the northern hemisphere. Have you actually ridden them on the DH trail yet? How long have you had them? What were you riding prior to these?

Yes i have tested my ATA WC on a DH trail last weekend and i have them now for more than a week and they are realy awesome.Damping and adjustments are realy great,super plush fork and ligth.Never complaining about the 888 ATA WC.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 13:49 Quote
trekrules wrote:
dave99 wrote:
trekrules wrote:

Yes i have tested my ATA WC on a DH trail last weekend and i have them now for more than a week and they are realy awesome.Damping and adjustments are realy great,super plush fork and ligth.Never complaining about the 888 ATA WC.
Where did you test them? You are so lucky..Here in montreal we cant bike because of all the snow.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 13:50 Quote
-eric- wrote:
trekrules wrote:
dave99 wrote:

Where did you test them? You are so lucky..Here in montreal we cant bike because of all the snow.

Iv'e tested the fork in Germany(freeride/Downhill country)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.070733
Mobile Version of Website