Powered by Outside

Stumpjumper Evo max rotor size

PB Forum :: Specialized
Stumpjumper Evo max rotor size

Author Message
Posted: Jun 13, 2024 at 13:48 Quote
Anyone know the max rotor size I can run on my Stumpy Evo? I have a 220mm rotor but I hear that sometimes a manufacturer recommends against big rotors.

Posted: Jun 13, 2024 at 16:17 Quote
BigBill09 wrote:
Anyone know the max rotor size I can run on my Stumpy Evo? I have a 220mm rotor but I hear that sometimes a manufacturer recommends against big rotors.

Posted: Jun 14, 2024 at 14:17 Quote
BigBill09 wrote:
Anyone know the max rotor size I can run on my Stumpy Evo? I have a 220mm rotor but I hear that sometimes a manufacturer recommends against big rotors.
Look at the product website and download the user manual for your bike.
I don't know what year or exact model you've got, but the manual I'm looking at for the MY21 SJ EVO says the min/max rear brake is 180/220.

I expect that's what you're looking for. If you mean the front rotor then you have to look at the fork manufacturer website (FOX 36 is what I believe is installed from the manufacturer). I think that can go up to 230 according the the webpage I looked at.

Good luck.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 3, 2024 at 17:56 Quote
Just wondering if you ended up going up to 220mm front and rear. I have been happy with the 203s on my slx build but, just picked up one with code rs brakes and am debating going up to the 220mm as well.

Posted: Sep 5, 2024 at 13:51 Quote
BigBill09 wrote:
Anyone know the max rotor size I can run on my Stumpy Evo? I have a 220mm rotor but I hear that sometimes a manufacturer recommends against big rotors.

For your Specialized Stumpjumper EVO, you can typically run a 220mm rotor, but it's important to check the manufacturer’s recommendations for your specific frame and fork. Specialized usually recommends up to 200mm rotors, but many riders successfully use 220mm rotors without issues. Just ensure your fork can handle the larger rotor size, as some may have limitations.

Posted: Sep 19, 2024 at 3:00 Quote
BigBill09 wrote:
Anyone know the max rotor size I can run on my Stumpy Evo? I have a 220mm rotor but I hear that sometimes a manufacturer recommends against big rotors.

User manual says 200mm max for the frame, but 220mm was spotted in the wild in rear with no issues...
Front rotor size depends on fork limitations.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 22, 2024 at 22:06 Quote
Looks like 220mm per the manual. Will see how it goes this fall and possibly upsize over the winter.

https://www.specialized.com/ca/en/stumpjumper-evo-comp/p/200528?color=349344-200528

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007487
Mobile Version of Website