Powered by Outside

Moving to Kelowna from North Vancouver

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Moving to Kelowna from North Vancouver

Author Message
O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2025 at 16:54 Quote
There's a chance I may be moving to Kelowna in the next few months. Not exactly sure where I'll be living yet (still have to sort out real estate) but based on Trailforks, it looks like I'll have to drive a bit to get to some riding. Right now, Mt Seymour is a 5min bike ride from my house and Fromme is a 15min drive up the mountain.

I currently have an enduro bike (Forbidden Dreadnought V1, coil front and rear) and a full DH bike. Based on what I can tell, I can probably keep the downhill bike for the local bike parks, but is the Dreadnought a little overkill for the local stuff in Kelowna??

FL
Posted: Dec 9, 2025 at 12:58 Quote
chrisrobin wrote:
There's a chance I may be moving to Kelowna in the next few months. Not exactly sure where I'll be living yet (still have to sort out real estate) but based on Trailforks, it looks like I'll have to drive a bit to get to some riding. Right now, Mt Seymour is a 5min bike ride from my house and Fromme is a 15min drive up the mountain.

I currently have an enduro bike (Forbidden Dreadnought V1, coil front and rear) and a full DH bike. Based on what I can tell, I can probably keep the downhill bike for the local bike parks, but is the Dreadnought a little overkill for the local stuff in Kelowna??

I've currently got a Kona Process 153 as my trail bike, and it is pretty well-suite to the trail riding around kelowna. There are lots of high-speed and rough trails in town that make me quite glad to have a bigger trail bike, but I don't think I'd want much more than 150mm as there are lots of long gradual climbs in the valley.

I'd say the dreadnought is a bit overkill, but you could still be glad to have it if you don't mind dragging that much bike up the hills.
Also I'd definitely keep the dh bike, there are so many good parks within a couple hours drive, and the shuttle zones around here are tons of fun. I think I've got over 40 days on my dh bike this year, and half of that has been outside of park season.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2025 at 13:55 Quote
The Dreadnought is a bit overkill for most Kelowna riding. The trails there are generally mellower compared to Seymour/Fromme. You can still ride it, but a lighter trail bike would feel better day-to-day. Your DH bike will cover the bike parks.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2025 at 15:54 Quote
Yeah unfortunately I think you guys are right: The Dreadnought will have to go. That's too bad because I just installed a Telum on it.

...now that I think of it... I sitll have my Kona Process X CR kicking around in the basement. I could retune the Telum, shorten the rear travel, run in the short wheelbase mode, and reduce my suspension fork to 160mm. That'll make it a little more trail-friendly.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2026 at 6:38 Quote
I have a Specialized Stumpjumoer Evo and an Epic Evo. The Stumpy is super fun here but I ride the Epic way more.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2026 at 12:16 Quote
Nah, the Dread isn’t wrong for Kelowna, just kinda extra. It’ll smash everything but you’ll be pedaling a tank on a lot of rides. DH bike still makes sense for park days. Most locals are on lighter enduro / beefy trail bikes, but ride what you’ve got and send it .

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006565
Mobile Version of Website