To skid or not to skid.

PB Forum :: Downhill
To skid or not to skid.
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 18:49 Quote
sammyboy2038 wrote:
thanx to this forum i have started to learn how to slide my backend without braking

Yeah dude! Way to get it nailed... It makes able to ride that little bit harder and faster but still in control! tup

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 12:36 Quote
im just wondering if you lock your tire on a steep trail so you can turn is it the proper way cause on this on trail thers now berm and the ground is hard

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 12:42 Quote
kodyako0 wrote:
im just wondering if you lock your tire on a steep trail so you can turn is it the proper way cause on this on trail thers now berm and the ground is hard

Totally depends on the trail/corner. If its really greasy ground, then locking up and sliding won't affect your speed, as long as you get it right it will help you turn sharply and efficiently...

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 12:55 Quote
I just mostly use my front brake and feather the back. is that bad?

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
jheldt wrote:

Everyone's different. I ride with my heels outboard, it's not bad just different.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 11:52 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
jheldt wrote:

Everyone's different. I ride with my heels outboard, it's not bad just different.

thats not bad thats disgusting what the hell is wrong with you? Wink

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 11:57 Quote
Okay who rocks a sick fixy in here? Yeah? Yeah? Prolly not.

Skidding is the only best way to change direction no matter what you ride. Powerslide or play it safe? no contest. Ive just recently figured out how to throw roost like a pro on my DH rig. So much fun.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 11:58 Quote
pros do cutties not skid

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
Skidding is rugged & not cool, it wrecks your tyres & shows poor rider handling!

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 21:59 Quote
sirknumskullgt wrote:
Okay who rocks a sick fixy in here? Yeah? Yeah? Prolly not.

Skidding is the only best way to change direction no matter what you ride. Powerslide or play it safe? no contest. Ive just recently figured out how to throw roost like a pro on my DH rig. So much fun.

lol... well said, Wink Fuk you're tires if you're having fun.... that's the best reason to ride your bike..... Fun.. Smile

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 22:01 Quote
flowrider18 wrote:
Skidding is rugged & not cool, it wrecks your tyres & shows poor rider handling!

I think controlled skid's are pretty impressive.... you've never skidded for fun ??
how does IT show poor handling.. please Elabourate..

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 22:08 Quote
I dont skid because it wreaks the trail, not alot, but I dont want it to become a habit, again

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 22:13 Quote
trails that are ridden are going to need some upkeep... I don;t make a habit of Skidding all over the place but I can't say I don;t do it for Fun sometimes, I also voulenteer my time making trails and Doing upkeep on local trails. how do you really "ruin" a trail.. spend some time and haul some dirt, invest Where you play.
Smile

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 22:29 Quote
I sometimes skid, sometimes not. Whilst downhilling I don't try and skid on purpose, but the rear wheel locks up once in a while. It ruins the trail and my nice Minions too. But when riding on the street (e.g. going to school) I do skid a lot for fun (I'm only running Holy Rollers on my street bike anyway).

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011367
Mobile Version of Website