harsh losses in racing

PB Forum :: Downhill
harsh losses in racing
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
today i just experienced losing first place by .54 of a second in a dh race. tell me your harsh race losses so i can feel better about myself.

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 20:51 Quote
Umm, in track at sectionals I had drank a lot of orange juice and was in first then halfway through lap 3 I fell down and puked my brains out, and it kept me from going to states.

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
my friend drank like 5 red bulls before the relay race at the vt states race for xc skiing. he was seriously shaking at the start line. they blew the whistle and he blew everyone away. he was in first most of the way until he slid out and crashed right before finishing

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 21:09 Quote
bigquotestoday i just experienced losing first place by .54 of a second in a dh race. tell me your harsh race losses so i can feel better about myself.

shittyyy....

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
ridedabrodie wrote:
bigquotestoday i just experienced losing first place by .54 of a second in a dh race. tell me your harsh race losses so i can feel better about myself.

shittyyy....

well i was in third one race and another racer i know was .11 seconds behind me .. i would been pissed if i were him

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 21:12 Quote
ridedabrodie wrote:
hahaha 0.1 second

i messed it up actually it was .11 but still

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
Missed my ski race nationals by one spot after bailing in my best event(slalom) in the qualifier.

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 22:09 Quote
i entered a super-d event that cost 25 bucks. i got in first way ahead of averyone else, only to find out the event i entered into was just a fun playtime event that wasn't competitive. i didn't get anything for pushing myself throught the whole thing. i could have saved three breaches on my lactate threshold for the after party. maybe i could have saved 25 bucks and gone to the trails on my own time

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 22:12 Quote
nickf wrote:
i entered a super-d event that cost 25 bucks. i got in first way ahead of averyone else, only to find out the event i entered into was just a fun playtime event that wasn't competitive. i didn't get anything for pushing myself throught the whole thing. i could have saved three breaches on my lactate threshold for the after party. maybe i could have saved 25 bucks and gone to the trails on my own time

Or you could have not been a whiner, and realized you had a good time and it was good practice for a bigger event.Beer

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 23:31 Quote
I was leading the Super-D at Durango nationals by a MILE when my derailer housing went to shit at the bottom of the last climb, forcing me to dismount, examine it, and then run. I got like 5th. I think I've missed a place in a Semi-Pro DH race by less than a 10th of a second also. That really makes you think about where you could have easily made that time up

Posted: Apr 7, 2008 at 2:06 Quote
i broke my wrist 2 weeks before my first race and couldn't even enter

FL
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 at 8:15 Quote
lsat race of the season and i was looking for a decent top ten finish to get in the top 5 or 6. snapped my mech in half on the first run, and then on my second run i was having a great run, but slid out on a tree stump before a drop. i slide out but was up quick but i lost my shoe so i couldnt put any pressure on my pedals to pedal properly. 13th place sucks........

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
nickf wrote:

Or you could have not been a whiner, and realized you had a good time and it was good practice for a bigger event.Beer

or i could keep whining and wish i'd signed up for the right event. it was a great event. i love the trails. i only wish my efforts went to a better use

Posted: Apr 7, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
g10ry wrote:
ridedabrodie wrote:
hahaha 0.1 second

i messed it up actually it was .11 but still

ahaha when was that

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021128
Mobile Version of Website