Homemade Parts!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Homemade Parts!
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 12:59 Quote
octanejake wrote:
Testing out my new saddle mold. Decided to make a saddle/post combo to put on my dirt jumper.
photo
photo

Wow. Beautiful layup and finish. If I needed a saddle, I'd pay for something that looked like that.

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 13:43 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Can somebody with a 3-D printer please print a bracket to carry my bell super2 Chin bar on rides? Just saying don’t know why it ain’t out there yet.

If you don't want it bad enough to pay someone else to design and make it, that's probably ONE reason why you haven't seen it in the real world yet, and the OTHER reason is probably that nobody else has wanted one that bad, either Wink

I'm sure I can design and print what you want, but ya gotta be willing to pay for it. Show me the money and I'll make it happen.

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 13:52 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
Good work sir.

Before anyone else asks, whats it weigh?

Thank you.

148.29 grams. The whole thing is over built. And of course here is a scale shot;
photo

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 14:11 Quote
[Quote="octanejake"]
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
Good work sir.

Thank you.

148.29 grams. The whole thing is over built. And of course here is a scale shot;

Nice dude you make one with some foam and it would be killer!

O+
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 14:20 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Can somebody with a 3-D printer please print a bracket to carry my bell super2 Chin bar on rides? Just saying don’t know why it ain’t out there yet.

Give me some dimmensions, where you'd want it mounted (if its a pack, what kind) and I can probably designing something fairly quickly for a quick 1st draft!

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 23:20 Quote
octanejake wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
Good work sir.

Thank you.

photo
Holy crap thats lighter than I thought. Definitley Impressive, also rekindles my quest to make a ultralight but usable dj. Ideas ideas...

Do you have any plans for duplicates?

Posted: May 25, 2018 at 6:15 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
octanejake wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
Good work sir.

Thank you.

Holy crap thats lighter than I thought. Definitley Impressive, also rekindles my quest to make a ultralight but usable dj. Ideas ideas...

Do you have any plans for duplicates?

Yes, will probably make another with a carbon/red kevlar top for my dj, should match the red anodized bits some. And then others that will be lighter and put on xc and cross bikes.

O+
Posted: May 28, 2018 at 19:26 Quote
Anyone have any 3d print files for a chainwhip, or cassette removal tool?

Posted: May 29, 2018 at 12:03 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
Are you thinking of printing them out of plastic? Because that's not gonna work.

Posted: May 29, 2018 at 14:40 Quote
Pedro404 wrote:
ArcherMatt wrote:
Are you thinking of printing them out of plastic? Because that's not gonna work.

I take he was making a funny?

Magura Smile

O+
Posted: May 29, 2018 at 16:40 Quote
Pedro404 wrote:
ArcherMatt wrote:

Its worked for a bunch of tools I've printed. My university has a stratasys printer, and the parts it produces are super sturdy!

Posted: May 29, 2018 at 16:42 Quote
Not trying to be a dick but if a plastic tool can get your cassette lockring off, it was probably way too loose to begin with....that's a very thin tool that sees a shitload of torque.

O+
Posted: May 29, 2018 at 17:40 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Not trying to be a dick but if a plastic tool can get your cassette lockring off, it was probably way too loose to begin with....that's a very thin tool that sees a shitload of torque.

To be honest, you're probably right, but I may try just to see if it would work for the rare occasion i need to take my cassette off to deep clean or to replace it. Its just one of those tools that I don't use enough to justify purchasing, and since the university doesn't charge for material, i figured, why not try, haha

Posted: May 29, 2018 at 17:49 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:

The chainwhip isn't a big deal to home fabricate. No need to try printing that. Get an old chain and a piece of flat bar around the same thickness as the space between to of the wide linkplates. I'll leave the rest up to your imagination Smile

O+
Posted: May 29, 2018 at 19:09 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
crs-one wrote:

To be honest, you're probably right, but I may try just to see if it would work for the rare occasion i need to take my cassette off to deep clean or to replace it. Its just one of those tools that I don't use enough to justify purchasing, and since the university doesn't charge for material, i figured, why not try, haha

A parktool cassette tool is $10 on Amazon, and you can get a whip and lock ring tool for under 15 if you want an off brand.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027005
Mobile Version of Website