Trails in progress, show us your building skill.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trails in progress, show us your building skill.
O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 at 13:41 Quote
pug5ley wrote:
R-trailking-S wrote:
pug5ley wrote:
Russ, we found the location , drew up the plans and got the council to get contractors in to clear the area, dump the dirt in the line of the track and dump mounds for the jumps etc and we finished it of with spades, rakes and compactor. They also built a green family trail that we designed and hopefully the freeride/downhill track will be not too far away.

Our biggest hurdle was the local dog walkers who slowed progress down by 12 months with there constant objections. They thought we would give up but we showed them we were more stubborn than them.

What were they objecting about? What on earth does a bike trail have to do with dogs?

And of course, why would somebody listen to such a rant?

The area is used by many dog walkers and as its on council land so the council had to give a consultation period for any change in use for the land. The dog walkers want it all for themselves and want no change, hence they objected to everything and it took 2 years for us to get a majority vote. We could have been selfish and just kept riding our private trail but we wanted to have a place everyone could ride.

Good commitment. It is just that you can walk a dog anywhere. And tall grass is tick infested, so sidewalks or the shoulders of roads are a million times better. I'm glad you stuck with it.

Posted: Sep 25, 2010 at 14:59 Quote
R-trailking-S wrote:
pug5ley wrote:
R-trailking-S wrote:

What were they objecting about? What on earth does a bike trail have to do with dogs?

And of course, why would somebody listen to such a rant?

The area is used by many dog walkers and as its on council land so the council had to give a consultation period for any change in use for the land. The dog walkers want it all for themselves and want no change, hence they objected to everything and it took 2 years for us to get a majority vote. We could have been selfish and just kept riding our private trail but we wanted to have a place everyone could ride.

Good commitment. It is just that you can walk a dog anywhere. And tall grass is tick infested, so sidewalks or the shoulders of roads are a million times better. I'm glad you stuck with it.

Good job, keep it up. Also your probally gonna have dog shit all over the pumptrack sooner or later.

Posted: Sep 25, 2010 at 15:00 Quote
Rambo1501 wrote:
R-trailking-S wrote:
pug5ley wrote:

Good job, keep it up. Also your probally gonna have dog shit all over the pumptrack sooner or later.
just like i just got on my bike tire... lol

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2010 at 15:55 Quote
Bitchin man! Keep it up.
s1mba666 wrote:
a little place me and a couple buddies have been workin on.
dirt bowl, table, berm etc.
<Photo does not exist: 5593832>
pumps.
<Photo does not exist: 5593831>
roll-in.
<Photo does not exist: 5593830>
first dj being built.
<Photo does not exist: 5593828>
pumps, bowl, berm etc.
<Photo does not exist: 5593826>
new line for some djs.
<Photo does not exist: 5593815>

Posted: Sep 25, 2010 at 18:58 Quote
Been doing some more work, focusing more on north shore.
photo
A long skinny. I've added on another 8ft 2x6, and the entire length is about 40ft long. Most of the middle is 2x4s, so its easy for the back tire slip off on a little turn.
photo
Facepalm lol
photo
The beginnings of blazing a trail in a new section of trees.
photo
A little section in another tree section.
photo
its hard to get through those trees in this narrow section.
photo
photo
my berm that i'm reworking and packing.
I'm also digging a little into the ground before my little dirt jump to make it bigger.
more pics on my profile, but i didn't want to crowd the forum more than i already did.

Posted: Sep 26, 2010 at 11:02 Quote
You made my dayBeer nice track keep it up.

Posted: Sep 26, 2010 at 11:28 Quote
Rambo1501 wrote:
You made my dayBeer nice track keep it up.
Thanks! the skinny's a little sketch, but i'm going to make it better today.

Posted: Sep 26, 2010 at 13:00 Quote
Heres some photos from the first 2 day of building at our pumptrack:

http://dingus.pinkbike.com/album/Spongeland/

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 26, 2010 at 13:03 Quote
dingus wrote:
Heres some photos from the first 2 day of building at our pumptrack:

http://dingus.pinkbike.com/album/Spongeland/

photo

photo

what's happening ?

Posted: Sep 26, 2010 at 13:05 Quote
A pumptrack is happening.

Posted: Sep 26, 2010 at 13:06 Quote
dingus wrote:
A pumptrack is happening.

i mean explain what you are actually doing as it seems like an interesting start

Posted: Sep 26, 2010 at 13:08 Quote
seems like a good start to me looks great

Posted: Sep 26, 2010 at 13:12 Quote
I see, well its based on this plan I drew, it won't be 100% accurate tho, and some parts will have to be changed because there is a slight slope to the land it's on so keeping speed on the incline will be difficult. Hopefully you will be able to ride it in both directions.

So far we've done the basic shape and built 4 and a half of the 6 berms. Next will be the rollers on the straights and then testing and making adjustments where needed.

Posted: Sep 26, 2010 at 13:40 Quote
dingus- looks very very awesome, if a little small.

Posted: Sep 26, 2010 at 13:53 Quote
bigbluebike wrote:
dingus- looks very very awesome, if a little small.

Thanks. Once it's up and running we will probably add some new lines and bits. Because its smaller it wont take too long to finish so we can ride it sooner too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.048612
Mobile Version of Website