The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Sep 17, 2017 at 19:33 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Anyone else check out the new Creekside trails this weekend? Pretty unique experience to ride a fresh hand cut loamer in the bike park.

I wanted to but, something else came up, how was it?

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 0:43 Quote
goytay wrote:
gramboh wrote:
Anyone else check out the new Creekside trails this weekend? Pretty unique experience to ride a fresh hand cut loamer in the bike park.

I wanted to but, something else came up, how was it?
Rode it Saturday, lots of traffic. Machine groomed flow was incredible, loamy tech was awesome too but it's gonna look like ride don't slide soon I think.

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 2:24 Quote
Yep what Chinaboy said... the flow trails at the start and finish are great. Only a few jumps but lots of little doubles and they are built super well, like Blueberry, fast and not much braking needed, just fast flow.

The singletrack was awesome being that fresh. There are some steep turns that are gonna get beat up, but of course they will work on it as it evolves next year.

I'm just pumped on new ways down to Creekside cuz I love parking there. Thank you trail crew(s) and WBP for that.

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 2:46 Quote
gramboh wrote:
I'm just pumped on new ways down to Creekside cuz I love parking there. Thank you trail crew(s) and WBP for that.

Truth. Having to ride Boyd's at the end of a long day is something I will not miss.

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 14:05 Quote
Some cool little rock rolls too.

Best part of it is probably how much of the trail is wholly in the woods, and not criss crossing in and out of ski runs.

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 22:14 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Yep what Chinaboy said... the flow trails at the start and finish are great. Only a few jumps but lots of little doubles and they are built super well, like Blueberry, fast and not much braking needed, just fast flow.

The singletrack was awesome being that fresh. There are some steep turns that are gonna get beat up, but of course they will work on it as it evolves next year.

Take a run down big timber? Actually a nice alternative to dusty. Lol! Love parking at creekside too.

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 23:48 Quote
chinaboy wrote:

Take a run down big timber? Actually a nice alternative to dusty. Lol! Love parking at creekside too.

You know, I was actually looking at Trailforks last week thinking about trying Big Timber since I've never gone that way... but then the new trails came so I forgot.

I used to always take BC's Trail, but man it's rough going at 6pm after a full day riding (and you had to suffer the worst part of Dusty's to get there).

Next year is gonna rock.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 18:03 Quote
Let's hope parking stays free at creekside. I was choked when they made lots 4 and 5 pay parking. Why the hell do we have to pay the same rate as the paved lots to park in a mud hole. Fortunately I have a lifted truck but for others it can be a pain.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 18:23 Quote
I think they're doing that on purpose so that more people go to Creekside instead of filling the village and leaving creekside dead empty.

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 19:24 Quote
Perhaps they are trying to stimulate business at Creekside. It's kind of dead there at times.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 20:32 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:
Perhaps they are trying to stimulate business at Creekside. It's kind of dead there at times.
Someone told me that the day lots are part of municipality where as the creekside one isn't. I love even downloading to creekside (so I don't have to ride dustys) and grabbing a reasonably priced meal at the market. So convenient.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 21:18 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
Nonsmoker wrote:
Someone told me that the day lots are part of municipality where as the creekside one isn't. I love even downloading to creekside (so I don't have to ride dustys) and grabbing a reasonably priced meal at the market. So convenient.

Yup. I always pack my own food but if I ever do buy anything it's in creekside. No crowds and peaceful. The pizza place there is amazing.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 21:20 Quote
xTwoSnakesx wrote:
I think they're doing that on purpose so that more people go to Creekside instead of filling the village and leaving creekside dead empty.

I think it's empty because there's no easy way down. I can't park there because the wife is still learning and I don't want to do a difficult trail on my last run. I seem to crash when I'm tired lol.

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 at 7:08 Quote
what's the current leading vertical descent total this year?

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2017 at 8:17 Quote
I have a buddy who is like 1.5 million feet, hard to find anyone past that

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016263
Mobile Version of Website