The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: May 8, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
PNWrider wrote:
brodiebrat92 wrote:
What exactly are all the best lines like? ive never been.

it depends, there are so many. u mean techy? fast? big jumps?

like i mean lines like a-line,crabapple, frieght train, and stuff kinda like those

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 21:19 Quote
xtremerider33 wrote:
PNWrider wrote:
xtremerider33 wrote:
so anyone got whistler stories or something....ran in to a bear....broke a bone....man this thread is bombing

i overshot a table haulin down aline and was out for a minute and a half, had a bruised sternum, sprained wrist and a 3/5 concussion. then i sat out for a day and then rode the day after. it was SICK. i dont rly remember it tho, ahahaha

i did the exact same thing, sorta lol overshot a jump on a-line, bottomed out my 3 inch travel and broke my finger. it was pretty awesome to go down that hard and only break a finger....its sucked though cause i was out for like, 6 weeks

i did the same thing as you, overshot on a-line *blah blah*.. unconcious for a minute. ride to the bottom, drink some water, catch the lift Smile my only day ever at whistler, no way am i missing out on it!

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 21:26 Quote
brodiebrat92 wrote:
PNWrider wrote:
brodiebrat92 wrote:
What exactly are all the best lines like? ive never been.

it depends, there are so many. u mean techy? fast? big jumps?

like i mean lines like a-line,crabapple, frieght train, and stuff kinda like those

my favorite line ever at whistler:

upper freight train to original sin
back to freight train to dirt merchant
to lower a line and then to heart of darkness or GLC.

could do that line for 2 months straight and not get bored.

or if you wanna mix it up, hit up goats gully between freight train and original sin, tech as hell though. especially in wet.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 21:36 Quote
kevman866 wrote:
i go up for just the day like once a week in july
from where? i live in richmond and i guess i have to take a bus but where?

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 21:38 Quote
from North vancouver...bout a 1 1/2 hour drive so its not that bad

i dont know about buses tho...

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 22:33 Quote
PNWrider wrote:
trek2 wrote:
is it worth going to whistler alone and for just the day?
YES it is very easy to get someone to kinda show you where some sick trails are.

yeah me and my cousin went up and met a whole bunch of people and rode with them for the day. then i broke my finger later on and my cousin rode alone the next day, and met some other guy as well....they are really nice up there and they can give you a lot of info about the trails

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 7:59 Quote
Yeah, day trips are totally worth it. Even if you're going alone. I've ridden alone a few times, and there's always somebody else alone that you can tag along with or whatever. Riding is riding, alone or not, and there's no better place to ride than Whistler!!

I LOVE Angry Pirate. That is such a sweet trail, and then you can either hit the GLC's or head over to Heart of Darkness, just an amazing line either way!

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 15:28 Quote
888rydr wrote:
Yeah, day trips are totally worth it. Even if you're going alone. I've ridden alone a few times, and there's always somebody else alone that you can tag along with or whatever. Riding is riding, alone or not, and there's no better place to ride than Whistler!!

I LOVE Angry Pirate. That is such a sweet trail, and then you can either hit the GLC's or head over to Heart of Darkness, just an amazing line either way!

i know i've ridden that trail but i totaly forget what that trail was like Confused my favorite trails were crank it up for speeed and fun, dirt merchant, and a-line for tricks, then world class downhill (i think thats what its called, i forget) for the techyness

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 15:36 Quote
Ah, I love crank it up too! It's really a pretty easy run, but it's fast, flowy, and there are some cool little stunts and jumps. Just a good run, I could probably ride that all day and be happy. 1 more week until it's open!!

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
888rydr wrote:
Ah, I love crank it up too! It's really a pretty easy run, but it's fast, flowy, and there are some cool little stunts and jumps. Just a good run, I could probably ride that all day and be happy. 1 more week until it's open!!

yeah thats why crank it up is soo much fun, have you ridden the new extended version of it?

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 15:42 Quote
Yeah, I hit it a few times at the end of last season. I have to say, I wasn't overly impressed with the lower half, it was kinda boring compared to the rest. But the huge built 180 degree brige was freakin impressive! Still a good run nonetheless. I just usually skip the lower half and hit whatever else on the way down...

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 15:44 Quote
888rydr wrote:
Yeah, I hit it a few times at the end of last season. I have to say, I wasn't overly impressed with the lower half, it was kinda boring compared to the rest. But the huge built 180 degree brige was freakin impressive! Still a good run nonetheless. I just usually skip the lower half and hit whatever else on the way down...

yeah, gotta love the trail still. its got berms, jumps, bridges, wallrides, single track stuff, drops and so on tup i usually go from crank it up, to lower a-line, thats always fun

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 15:46 Quote
Oooo, yeah, that's a great way down, and you can still hit the GLC too! I can't friggin wait!!

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
redridesrule wrote:
xtremerider33 wrote:
PNWrider wrote:

i overshot a table haulin down aline and was out for a minute and a half, had a bruised sternum, sprained wrist and a 3/5 concussion. then i sat out for a day and then rode the day after. it was SICK. i dont rly remember it tho, ahahaha

i did the exact same thing, sorta lol overshot a jump on a-line, bottomed out my 3 inch travel and broke my finger. it was pretty awesome to go down that hard and only break a finger....its sucked though cause i was out for like, 6 weeks

i did the same thing as you, overshot on a-line *blah blah*.. unconcious for a minute. ride to the bottom, drink some water, catch the lift Smile my only day ever at whistler, no way am i missing out on it!

haha, yea, xcept i passed out again an hour later and i couldnt walk by myself for like a half hour, haha. so that woulda been a little hard

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
my favorite line is freight train to origonal sin to freight train to in deep back to freight train to side track to dirt merchant to a line to GLC. yay!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021706
Mobile Version of Website