SILVER STAR thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
SILVER STAR thread
FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 21:19 Quote
I can't imagine it in the rain! it would be unreal without all that dust!
robe wrote:
brycemtb wrote:
motor17 wrote:

Dags Downhill...steep & rocky, enjoy!

ya so many nice rock gardens and it has a decent size drop to wood tranny and then the trail turns into a narrow technical trail in the trees with lots of little drops,... i havent done downtown does anyone know what its like?

Downtown is steep and tight. Rock wall at the top is sick. Check it out when its raining... its the ESSENCE.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 22:20 Quote
robc wrote:
So what does LTG stand for?
low to the ground

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 at 5:06 Quote
711JDS wrote:
Does anyone know what they're doing to LTG? I also heard rumors shazam might get turned into the jumping course. (Like rockstar)

They may just make everything a bit bigger (aka better) and calling it a black run. The bottom is sick, some spots need some work, but its comming along. (shazam)

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 15:11 Quote
lyndon7 wrote:
I'm going there for August long weekend, Which also happens to be the VPS Fest. It's my first time and I'm SOOOO stoked!
Whistlers still better Big Grin

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 18:07 Quote
wesley111 wrote:
lyndon7 wrote:
I'm going there for August long weekend, Which also happens to be the VPS Fest. It's my first time and I'm SOOOO stoked!
Whistlers still better Big Grin
buddy ur back yard looks best

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 20:05 Quote
Anyone riding tomorrow (Wednesday). i'LL be going.

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 20:16 Quote
711JDS wrote:
Anyone riding tomorrow (Wednesday). i'LL be going.
At the moment it looks like I should be there... Unless it's pouring rain or something, then I'll be at Sun Peaks.

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
We were at Silver Star most of last week, man it was sweet. Especially after that rain...not a speck of dust to be seen after that!

I love love love LTG and Double Dog. LTG had 2 new features on it in the few days we were there...it was cool to ride those 4 interconnected teeters!!

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
T-Dubya wrote:
We were at Silver Star most of last week, man it was sweet. Especially after that rain...not a speck of dust to be seen after that!

I love love love LTG and Double Dog. LTG had 2 new features on it in the few days we were there...it was cool to ride those 4 interconnected teeters!!

ya double dog is sweet, after rain its so fun to do upper pipe dream, but 6/7 times ive been there this year have been so dusty, your lucky to be there with no dust thats pretty rare

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 16:29 Quote
yee boys..silverstar camping trip this weekend...hopefully the weather will hold up...looking kinda shitty right now...

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 14:07 Quote
Need someone to show me Spanky's - living at Silver Star.

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 16:22 Quote
amrskipro wrote:
Need someone to show me Spanky's - living at Silver Star.

How to get there:
Head up Silver Star Road as if you are going to the top of the mountain. When you see the sign for the Sovreign Lakes X-Country Ski Trails, you will see a small dirt road across the road from the sign. Go down the dirt road. When you come a clearing, go to the end of the clearing, and you will see a trail. This is the start of Spanky's, get ready to get spanked!

I found this from another site.

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
I am heading out there for Friday, and just wondering how wet it is on the hill right now?
Was it dusty this week?

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
fsrxc60 wrote:
I am heading out there for Friday, and just wondering how wet it is on the hill right now?
Was it super dusty and needing some rain anyway?

i was there sunday it was dusty, but it rianed lots on monday like huge down pours and it rianed on tuesday and today its sopost to rian and its cloudy tommorow maybe even more rian tommorow, so it should be realy good on friday, i might be going on friday,

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 13:30 Quote
Hey Bryce, thanks for the info.
I'm hoping it's just tacky, and not sloppy, since my friends and I already booked vacation days and a hotel room, so we have to go this weekend and make the best of it (driving from Calgary tomorrow and coming home Sunday).

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.038107
Mobile Version of Website