Hardtails vs Duallies

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 7:57 Quote
This guy knows what he's talking about Smile

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 8:07 Quote
Borgschulze wrote:
I prefer hardtail, I don't like rear suspension yet because I don't want to become a lazy rider and just roll over everything, I'd like to be really good at picking lines, then get a full suspension bike later.

That is exactly the way i did it and it is by far the best way, learn on a fully and you will be complacent with the way you ride where as picking out your lines on a ht then being "ready" to ride a fully is better for your skill.

O+
Posted: May 13, 2008 at 8:12 Quote
HARDTAILWONTFAIL wrote:
Borgschulze wrote:
I prefer hardtail, I don't like rear suspension yet because I don't want to become a lazy rider and just roll over everything, I'd like to be really good at picking lines, then get a full suspension bike later.

That is exactly the way i did it and it is by far the best way, learn on a fully and you will be complacent with the way you ride where as picking out your lines on a ht then being "ready" to ride a fully is better for your skill.
+1

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 8:13 Quote
I´m riding a hardtail and on some tracks my chosen lines are way faster than the lines chosen by fullsuspension riders! with a hard tail you get a better feeling for the ground and conditions!

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
Just started riding a fs for the first time. Always rode hardtail. It seems I'm having more fun hittin stuff etc. however the extra weight is really forcing me to get back in shape much quicker! I might just pick up another hardtail later this summer. I will be takin hills like Lance.

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 21:09 Quote
nete wrote:
I´m riding a hardtail and on some tracks my chosen lines are way faster than the lines chosen by fullsuspension riders! with a hard tail you get a better feeling for the ground and conditions!

On a HT the relationship u have with the terrain is much more interment. You have to aware of what s going and work with it. Anyone can rock up on a dully and rely on the bike to cover their butt, but they'll be eating your dust cause they dont know how to use the terrian. Developing that relationship is easier on a HT but is just as important on a dully.

Posted: May 19, 2008 at 16:38 Quote
Hard tail way lighter, easier to pedal and more eficiant

O+
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 20:15 Quote
polaris12 wrote:
Hard tail way lighter, easier to pedal and more eficiant
Current duallies can be built to only a pound or two heavier than the lightest ht's. a well sorted dually will climb better than a ht, as it has increased traction and they don't have any pedal bob.
with that said...i'd still go for a ht Razz

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 7:56 Quote
i used to ride on a HT, but then i got a full suss and realised that you can do the same and more things on it, than on an hardtail.

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 23:52 Quote
I started biking with a hardtail, but over the years I got to know the advantages of a fullsuspension-bike. For me as a Fun-Rider, who also takes part on races (but not too ambitious), the comfort and the possibilities of shredding down the hill faster are very important. But it's individual, so there's no need do argue about that issueSmile

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 17:58 Quote
to be fair, there is a time and a place for both.
I keep two of my 4 bikes ready at all times.
One is my full sagger trek fuel x and the other my hard tail marin.
To me is all about the fun that you can get out of both.
the response and edginess I get from my hard tail makes my runs challenging as far as technique goes.
and on the days when I have my male period and all I want to do is leg it down my local trails and destroy as much vegetation and fauna as humanly possible I go for my fuel X.
it might be a blunt statement but mor sagginess = less fear and more speed whitch in turn end up in more stitches in me legs and blood on the trails.
Still, the joy is just pure sexiness

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:08 Quote
Zaphiro has it right. when youre bleeding, hurting and are messing up the trails left right and centre. Thats when its the most funtup

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:12 Quote
But with my HT, I can actually FEEL the vegitation being crush/tossed about Smile if you're into that sorta thing.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:28 Quote
do you guys ride in fields or something

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
its called freeriding... i hike up random hills all the time looking for lines no ones ever ridden...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013802
Mobile Version of Website