Hollowtech II Issue

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Hollowtech II Issue
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:
than only use the adapter with no BB spacers. And again, adjust your chain guide with the fine tuning e13 spacers....

trust me it its possible.

I believe it is, but I was trying to not grind down my new $200 cranks.

You don't have to grind shit. Reread the instructions carefully. I know they might as well be latin but the information is there.

vinceliberatore wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:
than only use the adapter with no BB spacers. And again, adjust your chain guide with the fine tuning e13 spacers....

there is no need too. cut down or trim anything. ]

Just use the adapter and no bb spacers on the left or drive side. Than with the chain guide spacing bolts, adjust your chain line to were you need it.

AqueousBeef wrote:
Wait... Spindle? I thought hones were outboard

Gotta be quoted.

O+
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 18:33 Quote
Vince, it looks like you're gonna be going the front derailleur route!

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 18:33 Quote
dkidd wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
You still need a spindle! What're the C arms gonna attach to?
I have no clue. My shop hooked me up with a free installation, I've never touched them since

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 18:34 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:

You don't have to grind shit. Reread the instructions carefully. I know they might as well be latin but the information is there.

I tried with no spacer on the drive side, and the spider rubs on the guide. Because Hone's come as a double ring, so where the inner ring bolts to rubs.

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 18:35 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:

I tried with no spacer on the drive side, and the spider rubs on the guide. Because Hone's come as a double ring, so where the inner ring bolts to rubs.

dude, use the chain line spacers that came with you chain guide!!!!!!!!

DavidMakalaster wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

Gotta be quoted.
lol, I've never had to instal any sort of outboard bearings. My diabolus came with 2 orange cups and a plastic tube.

OHHHH it just hit me! Haha

O+
vinceliberatore wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:

K, that's easy- I've had to grind down a bunch of those on truvative systems- grind 'em as low as they'll go.

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 18:36 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:

I can't adjust how far away the back plate is. It's fixed.

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 18:37 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://wheelworld.com/merchant/129/images/large/RFEvloveXCCrank.jpgI fail

vinceliberatore wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:

That's a VERY common problem. I take it back. You probably do need to grind down the granny spider.

dkidd wrote:
K, that's easy- I've had to grind down a bunch of those on truvative systems- grind 'em as low as they'll go.

Yeah, guess that's what I'm going to have to do, I'm always hesitant about grinding anything.

O+
I'm eating a box of Triscuits, and it's all crumbs at the bottom. You thought your situation was bad!

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:

I can't adjust how far away the back plate is. It's fixed.

i just came up with this logical conclusion lol.

your probably putting your chain ring were your bash guard should be. since you have the lg1 move it were it should be if you had a bash guard.

than use the e13 chain line spacers.....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009520
Mobile Version of Website