Best Hardtail $1500 and Under

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Best Hardtail $1500 and Under
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 9:48 Quote
Since you mentioned that you had a P1 I would suggest either a BLK MRKT or an atom lab. Only thing that suck is that on the 357 the wheels and brakes suck butthe bike is still worth the money.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 8:21 Quote
matt-lutton wrote:
Hey guys i've basically destroyed 3 hardtails in around 2 years and i'm looking to upgrade.
Mongoose Fireball; snapped the forks, bent the handlbars and totalled the wheelset.
Specialized P1: snapped the forks, totalled the wheelset.
Revell 450r: snapped the forks (today), ruined the initial wheelset (then bought FUNN descenders and they rock!)

So basically i'm fairly hard on bikes so i'm basically looking for a new one that is light but strong (what everyone wants).
I pretty much just dirt jump but dabble in park and street. I like reasonably low and long bikes something that i can barspin etc. Something under $1500 australian dollars (about $1400 CAD , $1400 USD , £730 GPD)

I've been looking at the Eastern Nightrain 2008 in white which looks great but i live in Australia so its expensive to ship.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thankyou

Why not a black market riot?

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 8:24 Quote
Get a Banshee Morphine, any TwoFour, Evil Imperial, Dobermann MBF, etc. Point is. You've broken 4 bikes (?) Time to get something that can take abuse

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 8:32 Quote
with all those broken bikes and spare parts coming out of your ass, you should probly buy a pair of forks that can really take a beating like a dj series. thats all you need, all the other parts you have. and you will have spare money for any new parts you will break

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 20:01 Quote
The forks he broke were dj's

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 20:04 Quote
dam man, you really break those forks. what do you ride. maybe you should consider rigid. or try a set of argyles

O+
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 20:06 Quote
Argyles break more readily than Dj's. Not too sure what to recommend if you've already broken dj's...lower a totem or something Razz

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 20:10 Quote
orrrrrrrrrrr lower a domain. if you break those. get a job:P

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 21:39 Quote
well, it was dirt jams he broke, not dirt jumpers

im pretty sure.

but the only worthy dirtjumpers are the dj1s, cos the dj2s weigh just under 3 frikkin kilograms. so heavy

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 6:48 Quote
showpony wrote:

im pretty sure.

but the only worthy dirtjumpers are the dj1s, cos the dj2s weigh just under 3 frikkin kilograms. so heavy
no, dj 2s are amazing too. They weigh 5.7 pounds. And they are tanks.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 4:50 Quote
kyle7 wrote:
showpony wrote:

im pretty sure.

have you ever weighed a pair?

2.92 kilograms, and the marzocchi website converts it. they may be tank. but thats all they got going for them

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 6:41 Quote
showpony wrote:
kyle7 wrote:
showpony wrote:

im pretty sure.

have you ever weighed a pair?

2.92 kilograms, and the marzocchi website converts it. they may be tank. but thats all they got going for them
yes i actually have weighed them. And the marzocchi website is completely wrong. And dont think im talking about 08s.

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 at 5:50 Quote
i would try a Scott YZ0 Ltd. 2008 it is £1,249.99
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/scott/yz0-ltd-2008-mountain-bike-ec001280

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027784
Mobile Version of Website