What should I upgrade on my Devinci District?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What should I upgrade on my Devinci District?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 14:41 Quote
I'm just starting out doing street and dj's so I bought a devinci district 2 at my shop this summer. Anyone have any suggestions for upgrades, I'm making it a single speed and I put some white diety bars on it, anything else people can suggest would be sick.
photo
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1539384/

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 14:49 Quote
Stem + crankset + brakes are crapy on this bike so these are my suggestions...

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 14:51 Quote
I was going to do the same thing White Deity bars and stem and single speed on my Devinci District 2

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 at 20:23 Quote
So far I have got some sick deity bars (white) Dangerboy ak 47 stem in pink, DMR V8 pedals (white), Demolition grips (grey) and the DMR single speed spacer kit and tensenor, I was thinking of getting a Rock Shock arygle 318 in white, some transition wheels in black, and the new deity cranks with a 32 tooth ring, and a macneil seat and post, maybe the fat capital. Anyone have any suggestions? There are pics of it in my profile

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 at 20:27 Quote
louiffe wrote:

dude, its a stem... its not like stems break anyways...

don't waste your money on a new stem. my suggestions are brakes, crankset, single speed, and maybe eventually fork.

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 at 22:43 Quote
fluder wrote:
louiffe wrote:

don't waste your money on a new stem. my suggestions are brakes, crankset, single speed, and maybe eventually fork.

If you have ever seen the bike, you probably know what i'm talking about! At the end, the bottom line is to get a homogenous bike. So, the stem is everything but nice on this bike! It's a standard cross-country stem, everything but pretty and unimpresive! It,s not just about looking good while riding, but the guy ask what should he change so I just give him the best answer I can.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 8:33 Quote
Here's my opinion.

Decide by yourself if front breaks are needed. Slam your seat. White pedals will match. And white E-13 bashguard will complete the concept. BTW if you ride DJ's you might want new tire treads.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 8:38 Quote
shud i get forks first or sumthin else

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 20:27 Quote
louiffe wrote:
fluder wrote:
louiffe wrote:

If you have ever seen the bike, you probably know what i'm talking about! At the end, the bottom line is to get a homogenous bike. So, the stem is everything but nice on this bike! It's a standard cross-country stem, everything but pretty and unimpresive! It,s not just about looking good while riding, but the guy ask what should he change so I just give him the best answer I can.

i dunno, from what i see it looks like a standard dirt jump stem... as long as its not abnormally long then imo it doesn't need changing.

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 5:42 Quote
Thanks guys, keeps the helpful tips coming, oh and one of those pictures is before I put my Dangerboy AK 47 on, its a pretty sick stem, and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon. I was thinking of getting a Macneil post and the FAT capital seat, any thing to say good or bad about it? I was also thinking the new Deity Cranks and chainring, a Rock Shock Arygle 318 fork, and I don't have a clue what type of wheels I should get, I was thinking MTX's, Transition Revolutions, or Syncros, I just want something thats pretty light, but that can take a beating, thanks

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 10:01 Quote
Transition Revolution rims

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 8:32 Quote
Has any one acutally ridden them? I'm just looking for something thats relatively light and strong, but is cheap enough for my university budget. thanks

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013343
Mobile Version of Website