08 norco shore 1 or 09 kona stinky deluxe...which is a better deal?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
08 norco shore 1 or 09 kona stinky deluxe...which is a better deal?
O+
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 22:28 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
bikeobsessed wrote:
they both suck nuts. how 'bout a glory?
just no
shore will last longer than a stinky and will feel better, a shore 1 is the top of the range shore as well, so itll feel so good
even the shore 3 kicks the stinkys ass, just because of the vps suspension design
but for the price range a bighit will be better because of the fact that you can put a bigger shock in it to increase travel

When did big hits get adjustable rear wheel travel!?

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 22:45 Quote
konakid8 wrote:
gloryfreerider14 wrote:
superflyy55 wrote:
ive never see a broken kona
how about this
photo

or this
photo

hahaha, ive still never seen a broken stinky, just bent ones.
still that must been like a flaming comet nose dive from space.

stab is a dh race frame( more so than stinky at least) and im assuming its thinner, ive seen a few snapped. but stinkies. ive only seen this one ( excluding the old ones like 04 and older) he musta ran directly into a tree at high speed, or like the guy above said had a " flmaing comet nose dive from space" lol

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 23:04 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
bikeobsessed wrote:
they both suck nuts. how 'bout a glory?
just no
shore will last longer than a stinky and will feel better, a shore 1 is the top of the range shore as well, so itll feel so good
even the shore 3 kicks the stinkys ass, just because of the vps suspension design
but for the price range a bighit will be better because of the fact that you can put a bigger shock in it to increase travel

my friends 07 has it, and i think his dads 03 has it too
it has a few different shock mounts on the front triangle and you can fit bigger shock on it as well, i heard you can go up to 8.4" travel

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 7:02 Quote
konakid8 wrote:
bighit1212 wrote:
random, but i am getting a santa cruz bullit, or was thinking of it, do you think that that is a better choice?

yes! santa cruz kicks ass
which one are you getting?
new bulllit, now it is christmas and i have the $$$$$$$

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 13:06 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
hdfreerider wrote:
norcorulz wrote:

just no

my friends 07 has it, and i think his dads 03 has it too
it has a few different shock mounts on the front triangle and you can fit bigger shock on it as well, i heard you can go up to 8.4" travel
my shore has
7.8 to 8.23

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 12:14 Quote
I have a standard 08 stinky deluxe with marzocchi shocks etc and it is fabulous,
can't work out what you guys are whining about. It is an amazing bike and it performs extremely well and thus far have encountered no problems, my bro has a 07 glory which is also a very good bike but he finds it very hard to ride up the hill which you have to do around are ways, this is where the second sprocket on the stinky comes in handy.
All in all I think we both prefer my stinky and you twallops don't know what your yabbering on about. Half of you have probably never even ridden one, and therefore are basing judgments on pictures of a broken kona woopdeedoo you can get pictures of anything on the net. Also the 08 model in snot green and white is a pretty mean looking bike that shore thing looks pansy as.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 9:45 Quote
http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/freeride-full-suspension/kona/stinky-dee-lux/PRD_363107_1543crx.aspx

I researched the stinky quite thoroughly before I bought and the above site is one example of what I found.

Must be 9 out of 10 people love it, don't know where you guys get your info.

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 9:53 Quote
gloryfreerider14 wrote:
superflyy55 wrote:
how about this:
photo

or this:
photo

Those 2 pictures are fake! Or the one is. The first one... how is the front fork and wheel standing up? And look at the junction of the headtube, there is no remainder of the downtube or top tube. You couldn't mend the 2 pieces.

Second pictures, the bars and seat are bent as well. That means either a car ran over it, or it was left on a roof rack as it was going into a garage.

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 10:02 Quote
I think you would like the kona's frame more, but the parts spec on the norco is better.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 15:34 Quote
If you want a Shore, here's one thats for sale

photo

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
ok here's what i say, I have ridden both bikes, a shore and a stinky.
The shore is much stiffer rear end with the maxel, i did not note any flex, and the FSR owns. the stinky had noteable flex in the rear, because it had a conventional QR and less bob. the norco is completley quiet when you ride, not a sound, the stinky is a little louder, but it climbs better.however the shore screws the stinky on the downhills. I didn't feel very confident on the stinky going fast on the rough, but the shore made me fully confident. both of these brands are great brands, as i own a bike from each, i prefer the norco for more extreme stuff, and the kona for more mellow stuff like climbing, but if it came too all around performance, go with the shore, because u will be fitter after doing lots of climbingBig Grin Big Grin
also the shore doesn't seem to break, as the kona had a few problems, the norco had none. norcos kill kona in the quality and performance department, and the kona gets you better value, so overall the shore is a better choice, i don't hate kona though, as i have one

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 17:56 Quote
commencalrider1 wrote:
ok here's what i say, I have ridden both bikes, a shore and a stinky.
The shore is much stiffer rear end with the maxel, i did not note any flex, and the FSR owns. the stinky had noteable flex in the rear, because it had a conventional QR and less bob. the norco is completley quiet when you ride, not a sound, the stinky is a little louder, but it climbs better.however the shore screws the stinky on the downhills. I didn't feel very confident on the stinky going fast on the rough, but the shore made me fully confident. both of these brands are great brands, as i own a bike from each, i prefer the norco for more extreme stuff, and the kona for more mellow stuff like climbing, but if it came too all around performance, go with the shore, because u will be fitter after doing lots of climbingBig Grin Big Grin
also the shore doesn't seem to break, as the kona had a few problems, the norco had none. norcos kill kona in the quality and performance department, and the kona gets you better value, so overall the shore is a better choice, i don't hate kona though, as i have one
that make so much sense, and that also what i wanted to hear tup

Posted: Jul 10, 2010 at 10:28 Quote
calen-mclean wrote:
superflyy55 wrote:
how about this:
photo

or this:
photo

Well If your going to nose dive and ride it like an idiot it dosnt matter what bike it is.

Posted: Aug 22, 2010 at 1:22 Quote
Ive ridden fo bar for 8 years on a banshee scream,i don't dislike the stability.I just crave for something new so a Shore with some Totums is the ticket.I've tryed demo 7,sx trail, and the Nomad (which out climbs them all).

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017597
Mobile Version of Website