My Argyles are turning Pink wtf???? PLEASE HELP

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
My Argyles are turning Pink wtf???? PLEASE HELP
O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
well, one way to look at it, is that its a blessing. now you have possibly the only pink argyly out there.

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 16:06 Quote
my retro crobars in white started turning blue and they looked ugly so i returned them

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
Maybe it's lead paint.

http://aic.stanford.edu/sg/bpg/annual/v04/bp04-04.html

"Basic lead carbonate exposed to sulfur in the presence of an acid-generating source in the paper or paint produces a pink/orange substance of unknown composition."

Hahah

I stand by this.

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
ilikemybike011 wrote:
Maybe it's lead paint.

http://aic.stanford.edu/sg/bpg/annual/v04/bp04-04.html

"Basic lead carbonate exposed to sulfur in the presence of an acid-generating source in the paper or paint produces a pink/orange substance of unknown composition."

Hahah

I stand by this.

thats great but no one has used led paint for years with the exception of the chinese

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
its not lead paint, its some residue from a solution left on the fork for a bit, then after a long time of direct sunlight it turned pinkish,

the only thing i cant figure out is what solution/chemical did i use?

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
mabey its rusting somewhere inside and it is stainig it and you can see it from the outside????

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 20:20 Quote
-M--P- wrote:
its not lead paint, its some residue from a solution left on the fork for a bit, then after a long time of direct sunlight it turned pinkish,

the only thing i cant figure out is what solution/chemical did i use?

White paint can turn pink, I've seen it. I doubt the tech at sram knows anything about paint and is probably thinking: duh...white isn't pink, no it can't happen. Either way, it's pink. If you want it gone, get some cut polish, put it on a rag and polish it off.

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 21:45 Quote
if thats not the case then my fork musta got freaky wit my other bike and caught a STD. Rolleyes [/Quote] hahaha lol

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 12:22 Quote
u dont use muc off do you

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 12:44 Quote
i gotta know, is the fork getting any pinker cause if it get fully pink you could probably sell it has a special pink argyle for a lot of money, and post a pic if it has gottan pinker

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 11:50 Quote
ok well if anyone still cares i tried everything in my garage that is a redish colour, and this mechanic's polish my dad has is the culpret. it is red/pinkish coloured and doesnt work well with white. soooooo he had spilled some on it once cause where my bike is there is a some still on the ground that hardened.

in conclusion, the fork was fine. sram didnt do anything wrong.

and also i kinda went crazy with the stuff so my whole fork is now pink Big Grin

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 12:02 Quote
yes now i know how to turn my stuff pink without painting TURTLE WAX!!!!

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 12:16 Quote
put some sun block on it before it goes in the sun Razz

Posted: Jun 28, 2008 at 8:23 Quote
Maybe u rubbed the side of ur bike up against somehting red or pink and thats why its only on the left side?!

just a guess

Posted: Jun 28, 2008 at 8:27 Quote
post some more pics of it all pink :p

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018305
Mobile Version of Website