You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
You know you work in a bikeshop when...
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 11:48 Quote
Hey, any of you shop guys have the bolt and washer kit for a Cannondale lefty hub floating around?? Apparently we aren't a C-Dale dealer anymore and can't order them.

Posted: Feb 28, 2018 at 21:43 Quote
Duderz7 wrote:
Look down the center of that thing. Is it threaded internally with a Schrader valveish pin deep in there? Some Marzocchi's took a specialized adapter to air it up.

If it's anything like my Zocchi, it might look/should look like this.

It's a bastard to fit the air adapter to and it's so far down, you need a long valve core extractor to remove the valve itself..

TST2 Rebound Cartridge

Posted: Mar 1, 2018 at 6:21 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Hey, any of you shop guys have the bolt and washer kit for a Cannondale lefty hub floating around?? Apparently we aren't a C-Dale dealer anymore and can't order them.
I believe I have an entire hub, pm me if interested.

Posted: Mar 1, 2018 at 9:15 Quote
I have the hub. Just need the bolt and end cap.
photo

Posted: Mar 1, 2018 at 10:02 Quote
I don't want to split the set, even if it is only parts bin. I did a quick Google search and found a couple places on line that will sell you one for around 20 bucks.

Posted: Mar 1, 2018 at 11:05 Quote
debonis wrote:
Duderz7 wrote:
Look down the center of that thing. Is it threaded internally with a Schrader valveish pin deep in there? Some Marzocchi's took a specialized adapter to air it up.

If it's anything like my Zocchi, it might look/should look like this.

It's a bastard to fit the air adapter to and it's so far down, you need a long valve core extractor to remove the valve itself..

TST2 Rebound Cartridge

Yea thanks man, I checked, it's not down there somehow...I have no idea...lol

I think I'm just gonna do a spring conversion.

Posted: Mar 1, 2018 at 12:05 Quote
Just gonna run this by you guys before I order spokes. I'm rebuilding my current wheels with Spank Spike 33's and can only order spokes in even sizes, spoke calculations are 267, 267.9, 268.2 and 266.8. Will I be fine building with 268's? Hubs are King SD 15mm front and 142 ISO rear, dt comp spokes with 14mm AL nips

Posted: Mar 1, 2018 at 15:53 Quote
If your calculations are correct, I Would think 268 would be fine

Posted: Mar 1, 2018 at 23:11 Quote
Always better to go longer than short as well

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2018 at 1:44 Quote
erwick wrote:
Just gonna run this by you guys before I order spokes. I'm rebuilding my current wheels with Spank Spike 33's and can only order spokes in even sizes, spoke calculations are 267, 267.9, 268.2 and 266.8. Will I be fine building with 268's? Hubs are King SD 15mm front and 142 ISO rear, dt comp spokes with 14mm AL nips

Yes. That sounds like a great wheelset. Grease the interface of the nipples and rim bed.

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 at 9:49 Quote
Swweeet, everything's on order and I'll post the finished build Big Grin

Posted: Mar 3, 2018 at 4:55 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
I have the hub. Just need the bolt and end cap.
photo

I'll look if we have one.

Posted: Mar 3, 2018 at 19:19 Quote
Thank you kind sir!

Posted: Mar 4, 2018 at 9:25 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Thank you kind sir!

We no have one. Not sure when the next cdale order is.

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 9:08 Quote
All good. I'll just order one online. Thanks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026807
Mobile Version of Website