buy the jackal hands down

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
nolanvanderheyden wrote:
do not buy a kona

i had the jackal for a season and it was the most solid, best geo frame ever
its designed by kirt vories
its not for DH like the one guy said, its DJ specific

i know its not for dh but the one i ridden was built for it.

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 20:04 Quote
go for the jackal. I have a kona myself and the geometry isnt very good for mannualing or anything. plus everyone has a kona nowadays and you'l get ragged on by everyone on pinkbike. lol

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
My friend has a Kona Cowan, its so sick. Really light and looks amazing. One of the sweetest looking bikes i have ever seen and it preforms well.

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 20:35 Quote
i have ridden a jackal and a cowan and the jackal looks heavy but is actually pretty light and so much nicer

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 20:36 Quote
nolanvanderheyden wrote:
do not buy a kona

i had the jackal for a season and it was the most solid, best geo frame ever
its designed by kirt vories
its not for DH like the one guy said, its DJ specific

prove it. On the website itself they make it clear its more then just a DJ bike, ive seen sweet street/trials influenced riders with them, DH and DJ.. i use mine for Downhill and its great.

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
In my personal expirience, i would go with the jackal, and ive ride both bikes, the jackal geo is dialled, and its surprising how versatile the bike is, i have been riding one for about two years and just can do everything with iot, with the right setup , ive raced 4x and dh on it, and its real nice, and it justs performs very very well on the djs and urban missions, ive even ride some xc stuff and trails, its just amazing, it all depends on how you build it, and really the cowan just dont compares to it, and ive owned both, the cowan its and all right jumper, but the geo its pretty boring, to hard to manual and dont really like the feeling, jackal hands down, and you just cant go wrong with santa cruz bikes, but at the end, we all have diferent opinions, this is mine

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 4:27 Quote
williampieroway wrote:
catznoble wrote:
to me this is a stupid thread because you can build up a jackal with the parts you like and the frame is way stronger and way better geo... the cowan has crapy geo and may have parts you dont like on it.... the only kona i would ever buy is the shonky.... JACKAL ALL THE WAY.... I dont know why anyone would say cowan(probably the only people that would say the cowan are people with a crappy kona...) that is what i think....2 cents

i agree, theres so many of these which is better threads, i seen one the other day called blk mrkt .357 or kona shred. come on people!

That was mine, tryign to prove this retard that Kona's are not the only bike out there:

brandonaylward wrote:
THE KONA COWAN ALL THE WAY MANJoker

Another example of this:

brandonaylward wrote:
kona shred all the way!!!!!!!Blank Stare

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 4:31 Quote
JJJJAAACCCCCKKKAAAAALLL

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 4:54 Quote
the jackal imop, the cowan comes with crappy parts has bad geometry and is kinda fugly imop... the jackal has better geometry and your almost always better off making a build cuz you can make everything exactly how you want it,

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 5:35 Quote
and dude if your really looking for a good opinion...alot of the people on this thread are kona whores and will say "KONA ALL THE WAY MAN, IM A GAY f*ggot" but if you seriously want a good opinion ask someone who doesn't have a kona or a jackal and the majority of the people out there will say the jackal is way better choice

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 8:31 Quote
OK .. take me here for example..

I have owned a kona stuff back in 05..

I got my kona stinky in 07....

I got my p.1 in december

I got my jackal frame in april...

Of all the bikes i own and have owned, the jackal is the best over all bike in my opinion.

The cowan is good for progression. You cant really ride any good street on it, you cant ride any good DH or FR on it.

The jackal will do all and more. And it looks way nicer.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 17:42 Quote
JACKAL!!!!
I LOVE MINE SO FREAKIN MUCH!!
nd i have shiiiiiiiit forks

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 19:50 Quote
f00ddude wrote:
JACKAL!!!!
I LOVE MINE SO FREAKIN MUCH!!
nd i have shiiiiiiiit forks
what fork

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017155
Mobile Version of Website