Gee Atherton new Downhill World Champ!!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Gee Atherton new Downhill World Champ!!
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 8:01 Quote
dingus wrote:
guitarplayer1258 wrote:
if he was 20 seconds faster he would have actually won. with the crash.

If he was 20 seconds up he probably wouldnt have survived the crash cos he would have been going so fast...

Haha, owned.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 8:02 Quote
dingus wrote:
guitarplayer1258 wrote:
if he was 20 seconds faster he would have actually won. with the crash.

If he was 20 seconds up he probably wouldnt have survived the crash cos he would have been going so fast...
hahah true

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 8:04 Quote
dingus wrote:
irishdhlad wrote:
yatesy576 wrote:
you know whats funny sam comes from the flatest state in the flatsest country in the world and is with out a doubt the fastest man on a mtb bike.
i think if sam could keep a streek he'd give nico a run for his money

sam had nico a long time ago.

isnt holland the flattest country.

ie amazing 4x racers

I dont know who u figured out that Sam had Nico, Nico won the Wold Champs 10 times in a row, Sam has had it twice in a row.

but did nico have the kind of competition WC racers have today?

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 8:07 Quote
PNWrider wrote:
dingus wrote:
irishdhlad wrote:

sam had nico a long time ago.

isnt holland the flattest country.

ie amazing 4x racers

I dont know who u figured out that Sam had Nico, Nico won the Wold Champs 10 times in a row, Sam has had it twice in a row.

That completely ruins any point that may have been there. You can't say Sam's beating Nico because Nico wasn't racing the same people, it's just stupid.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 8:08 Quote
tommybananajohnson wrote:
kqmtb2006 wrote:
i dont like te gee athrerton cause i rode at this bmx track where he was and he was annoying. i think sam hill would have won if he didnt fall, obviously and i think he made a stupid mistake. gee did a pretty good run and wouldve gotten 2nd if sam didnt crash. i think just because sam made a stupid mistake dosent and gee wasent next in line by a few seconds back. i dont think that make gee the best.
yea cause you sound like you REALLLLLLLLY know Gee, uv met him once, and tbh u probs didnt even talk 2 him. every time iv met him or dan or rach, theyv always been really sound an nice, so i dnt think thts a very fair oppinion.
i just said he was annoying. go love the athertons by yourself. ill think what i want of them. i think gee did win. obviously cause he was faster. but i dont think he was going faster pretty much the whole time. cause sam was ahead until he fell.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 8:09 Quote
kendall07 wrote:
PNWrider wrote:
dingus wrote:

That completely ruins any point that may have been there. You can't say Sam's beating Nico because Nico wasn't racing the same people, it's just stupid.

i think he means there might have been i dont know less people or something racing. or something different

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 8:11 Quote
kqmtb2006 wrote:
kendall07 wrote:
PNWrider wrote:

i think he means there might have been i dont know less people or something racing. or something different

Theres still only a handful of people at the top with Sam and Gee etc

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 8:11 Quote
This is all stupid, Gee won and screw anyone who says he doesn't deserve it.

And (this is the only one I can think of off the top of my head) when Gee won Vigo 4X in 07, who said "uh, if prokop hadn't of fallen off he'd won"?, yes I would have won the NPS 4X, but I fell off (https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2174485/). That's what happens.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 8:18 Quote
kendall07 wrote:
kqmtb2006 wrote:
kendall07 wrote:

Theres still only a handful of people at the top with Sam and Gee etc

i was just saying maybe sam is facing stiffer competition than nico was in 1998. i mean the sport has really progressed and i think the level of competition has too. just something to think about

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 8:21 Quote
But Nico was at the same point as everyone else, with the same technology etc. It's not like he went back in time with all the new technology and won every race that way. He was just the best at the time (and a long time it was too).

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 8:56 Quote
Nico was an amazing racer no doubt but I would have to say that bikes courses racers and styles have come so farsince then its hard to see ANYONE winning the world champs 10 times.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
im pretty sure this is the first ELITE mens win the uk have ever had. and maybe in the womens two(not so sure0. although voillouzz was undoubtedly the king, as shown by his incredible result(10 x world champ then retired at 26). i persoanally think he had a boring riding style this is most likely because he was just so crazy about winning!! could have done more for the sport!!
hill looked devestated at the finish gott feel for him

Posted: Jun 28, 2008 at 10:58 Quote
Sam had the race in the bag. his run was super smooth and he picked all the right lines. it was a big rock in the middle of the track that got him. Pete's run was pretty good too, he wasn't as fast as Sam in them but he had the right lines, just not the speed part. I didn't like Gee's run at all. the hole course he practically went down the middle of the think barely making it through each section and hitting every rock, he was just pedaling like mad.

Posted: Jun 28, 2008 at 11:26 Quote
oi, i just watched on freecaster the split screen of gee and sam, and its just insane on one of the sections, like a massive rock garden about 29 secs into the video, the line that sam takes down compared to gee, and how much faster he goes right there is just amazing!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036728
Mobile Version of Website