2008 RockShox Totem Coil

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2008 RockShox Totem Coil
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
Anybody else having trouble with this fork? I rode mine for a total of about 4 hours before it started leaking oil all over the place. Its on its way back to RockShox right now.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 20:33 Quote
Oooooh, wheres YOURS leaking oil from? Lyrik #4 is on the way to me.....
photo

See other pics for my downtube covered in oil, along with my seattube supports, and my leg.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 20:36 Quote
Thats exactly where mine is leaking from and its also leaking from the right stantion. Roughly how long did it take you to get another fork back? I was planning on going on a trip next Wednesday but i'm not sure how thats going to work anymore

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 20:38 Quote
komar wrote:
Thats exactly where mine is leaking from and its also leaking from the right stantion. Roughly how long did it take you to get another fork back? I was planning on going on a trip next Wednesday but i'm not sure how thats going to work anymore

Interesting, because they told me that its really odd that it leaked from there and they hadnt seen it before. Almost all RS forks seep a little oil from there, but this is missing at least 15ccs of oil. I couldnt grab the lower and hold on to it to pick the bike up to set on my rack because my hand was slipping off.

I got the fork sent to my local shot this time before I have to send my fork back, so turnaround time will be less, but the last 6-7 times its been about exactly a week for my fork to get back.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 20:43 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
komar wrote:

Interesting, because they told me that its really odd that it leaked from there and they hadnt seen it before. Almost all RS forks seep a little oil from there, but this is missing at least 15ccs of oil. I couldnt grab the lower and hold on to it to pick the bike up to set on my rack because my hand was slipping off.

I got the fork sent to my local shot this time before I have to send my fork back, so turnaround time will be less, but the last 6-7 times its been about exactly a week for my fork to get back.

All right thanks man. It wasn't leaking any oil at all and I thought I had gotten a good totem after hearing so much bad about them, and I then got down one run at my local bike hill (which is a 2 minute ride down lol) and my whole fork was soaked in oil, like i literally had my gloves soaked in oil for the whole night from wiping my fork down everytime I got back up the lift.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 20:45 Quote
komar wrote:

All right thanks man. It wasn't leaking any oil at all and I thought I had gotten a good totem after hearing so much bad about them, and I then got down one run at my local bike hill (which is a 2 minute ride down lol) and my whole fork was soaked in oil, like i literally had my gloves soaked in oil for the whole night from wiping my fork down everytime I got back up the lift.

Yep, thats exactly what happened to mine. It was great for a month or 2 this time (ive had every problem under the sun with the others, this is the 8th time Ill have a lyrik sent back) I figured i was in the clear..... to bad it blew up. I had it all over my leg enough that it got in my shin cuts from dirt jumping and I noticed it itched, thats how I first noticed it.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 20:49 Quote
Wow thats crazy man is that last years or this years lyrik? And I actually work at a shop, but we don't service Rock Shox so it has to be sent away i'm hoping my boss can pull a few strings and have it back in time for me.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 20:50 Quote
i thought they fixed everything for 08, i guess i'll stick with marzo for the next rig too
p.s. funny how the totems been there high end freeride fork and it keeps messing up but there "budget" domain seems to be super reliable

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 20:50 Quote
The last 2 Ive killed have been 08.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 20:53 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:

Hummeroid, the RockShox terminator. LOL

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 20:54 Quote
Truvativ21 wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:

Hummeroid, the RockShox terminator. LOL

If it means anything, I bent 2 mavericks before this......They should just employ me as a product testing person.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
You my friend. Are hardcore.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 21:23 Quote
rialb wrote:

Im really not, I just somehow destroy forks. Not a huge drop or jump guy, just trails and DH

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 21:25 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
rialb wrote:

Im really not, I just somehow destroy forks. Not a huge drop or jump guy, just trails and DH
HES JUST A CRAZY F*CK, most hardcore trail rider ever gets up to like 45mph+ on the up hill can u imagine him on the down

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027164
Mobile Version of Website