Hope Pro 2 Hubs

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Hope Pro 2 Hubs
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 11:46 Quote
azonicryder55555 wrote:
suckafreedmr wrote:
azonicryder55555 wrote:
if the hope pre 2 were quiet no one would have one
thats not true. They have great craftsmen ship, great bearings, they come in beautiful colors, and their are light weight. The noise is just a plus.
not from what i hear
defntly not from the probelms ive had with mine the list of probelms is huge its already in this thread just have a look around

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 11:49 Quote
ive had problems with commencal frames lets not buy any of them at all

some guy sheared the headtube off a orange 224, f*ck those frames man

shit happens, you got some shitty luck but so many of those hubs have been sold and theres so many happy people that youd be stupid not to buy one

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 12:50 Quote
defntly not from the probelms ive had with mine the list of probelms is huge its already in this thread just have a look around

having read through your problems, did you setup your bike yourself? or have a pro mechanic do it? did your problem happen whilst riding? did you keep riding? or stop and get it sorted? did you speak to your bike shop about this? did they ask Hope to warranty your hub? (because they back up their hubs 100%)

we've been selling Hope hubs since Hope started making them, and have never encountered the problems you have seen...in all the years i have used Hope hubs I have only had 2 problems:

1. Hope Bulb 20mm front hub - loose bearings after 2 weeks - replaced under warranty by Hope, if that did not cure it, they offered to rebuild my wheel for free with a new hub

2. Hope Pro II 135mm x 10mm screw-in bolted rear hub - broke one pawl spring - doing fufanus repeatedly on my MTB in the skatepark - replaced under warranty by Hope, 1 year on...no problems since

we had a customer split the hub shell on his Hope Pro II 150mm x12mm rear hub, replaced under warranty and rebuilt by Hope within 4 days - this was caused by bad quality aluminium billet which is somewhat beyond Hope's control as they don't forge aluminium alloy billets Wink

you should have no problems using Pro II for aggressive riding, no matter how large you are, or how big you go, I would trust Hope hubs 100% over Sun Ringle, Shimano, DT Swiss, Atomlab, Chris King or any other brand I have experience with over many years of MTB

with any product being made in the 1000s, problems will develop with the odd product from time to time

as long as you are taken care of quickly and professionally, there should not be a bad feeling for the rider

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 15:25 Quote
anybody kno where i can get a hope pro 2 in black in the uk???

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 15:25 Quote
32 hole must be also

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 8:31 Quote
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7565
the rear is
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7567
if you want other versions there in the other catogorys
if you only want a black hub the new saints are worth looking at ive jsut got some and there lovly
hope this helps

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 8:39 Quote
im lookign for a front pro 2 but everyshop has none in stock Really Mad

any one know any online shops that do have them

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 8:43 Quote
fortune wrote:
Also fly-boy, your 14, and not many 14 year olds know how to build wheels. Infact a good many people dont know how to build wheels. I'm guessing you dont know how to build wheels ect. If i were you order your hubs through your LBS and get them to lace them on to your rim for you. They will probly end up giving you a discount Smile

Also if they are going onto stock STP rims, id save up and buy some new rims aswell.

You can get a pretty good custom of CRC ect. these days for a good price. What ever hub/rim you want and they will build them up for you aswell.
i can build my wheels and i was 14 when i learned how, its easy

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 9:27 Quote
kingjump wrote:
fortune wrote:
Also fly-boy, your 14, and not many 14 year olds know how to build wheels. Infact a good many people dont know how to build wheels. I'm guessing you dont know how to build wheels ect. If i were you order your hubs through your LBS and get them to lace them on to your rim for you. They will probly end up giving you a discount Smile

Also if they are going onto stock STP rims, id save up and buy some new rims aswell.

You can get a pretty good custom of CRC ect. these days for a good price. What ever hub/rim you want and they will build them up for you aswell.
i can build my wheels and i was 14 when i learned how, its easy
i can build wheels and have been able to for the last 3 years im now 15 so since i was 12
its not a age thing it if you have the skill and the patchence to learn how and you don't mind mucking it up and trying again
can now build a hole wheel in a few hours its just a learning curve

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 9:46 Quote
large-ugly-greeny wrote:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7565
the rear is
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7567
if you want other versions there in the other catogorys
if you only want a black hub the new saints are worth looking at ive jsut got some and there lovly
hope this helps
the hope pro 2 front in black 32 hole wasnt in stock and i didnt want a rear pro 2

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 9:47 Quote
large-ugly-greeny wrote:
20mm 15mm or qr?
and it doesnt matter cos i hav the conv kit

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 10:05 Quote
well the link i stuck up earlyer they've got them
basicaly if you want them local anywere that stock hope will be able to get a black one 32 hole if you can't find anywere then id approch hope direct and ask
hope this helps

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 10:16 Quote
yea i meant the 32 hole qr one

no where i have looked has it

FL
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 10:41 Quote
Your LBS should be able to get you one in I don't think I've been to a bike shop in the Uk recently that HASNT been a hope stockist

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021583
Mobile Version of Website