Anybody out n about this weekend?

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 17:04 Quote
Keiron wrote:
Anybody out n about this weekend?
i wish, got work to do Frown
i could do an hour or two of xc if you want

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 21:49 Quote
I'm not around this weekend as I'm going to Treefest at Newstead, my mate's DJing there.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 5:31 Quote
oh nice one, i didn't realise that was this weekend!

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 17:51 Quote
I went to Hemlock for the first time yesterday. Tried dirt jumping for the first time! Its a suprisingly good place to ride. The ground is really nice too - smoooooth. The dirt jumps are of a decent size to start and progress on. I'm looking forward to having them all dialled soon.

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 17:50 Quote
Anybody out riding this week?

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 0:26 Quote
Going to uni at trent and I was looking for places to DH in the area. Just wondering how far you have to get out of the city for any sort of trails or is it car teritory? Also any clubs/groups that ride dh?

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 0:40 Quote
Budlee wrote:
Going to uni at trent and I was looking for places to DH in the area. Just wondering how far you have to get out of the city for any sort of trails or is it car teritory? Also any clubs/groups that ride dh?

Well.... Most of my friends who ride DH tend to go to Ambergate and Morley in Derbyshire. You can catch the train to Ambergate, but you'll need a car (or a friend with one) to get to Morley...
There is some very light DH at hemlock stone, including a sick drop, which is worth checking out if you're willing to do some building getting them into good shape....

photo

The Sick Drop at Hemlock!

That's pretty much everywhere I know about, anyone else got any ideas?

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 0:42 Quote
Budlee wrote:

When i was at Trent, i was president of the cycling club, and we used to ride a fair bit of DH, plus you get to enter all the BUSA events, including some excellent DH races. Hopefully, there's still a club going on - check out the freshers fair. If there's not one, then try to start one by contacting the Students Union - they'll even give you cash to go on trips with Smile

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 0:52 Quote
JamesBradley wrote:
Budlee wrote:

Well.... Most of my friends who ride DH tend to go to Ambergate and Morley in Derbyshire. You can catch the train to Ambergate, but you'll need a car (or a friend with one) to get to Morley...
There is some very light DH at hemlock stone, including a sick drop, which is worth checking out if you're willing to do some building getting them into good shape....

photo

The Sick Drop at Hemlock!

That's pretty much everywhere I know about, anyone else got any ideas?

Ambergate's good. I ride there a bit. I ride hemlock every now and then, but it doesn't really feel like mountain biking when i'm there! Black rocks at Cromford is pretty cool, and i think you can get the train there. Further afield, with a car, you can get to Wharncliffe, Cannock, and Wales is only a couple of hours away.

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 1:11 Quote
Can you put the place on google maps for hemlock as I just put it into google maps and there seems to be a big ol place.

Also well up for some building if its close but I think I may try and get a cheap banger to bring up if all the decent stuff is further afield. probabley do that after Christmas time.

Cheers guys for your help by the way

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 6:08 Quote
There's some decent DH at bestwood quarry, it's probably about 7 miles out of the city, just google bestwood village. There's about 3 DH trails up there, but there's always new stuff being built. there's a pretty big north shore ladder drop up there now too.

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 8:19 Quote
People have done alot of building at Bestwood recently, we tend to be down most Saturday / Sundays, Pop in and say hi!

Posted: Feb 27, 2010 at 12:49 Quote
SHERWOOD FOREST people... its practically next to nottingham!!!!!

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 at 12:51 Quote
carrerablastrider wrote:
SHERWOOD FOREST people... its practically next to nottingham!!!!!
you mean sherwood pines, it's about 20miles north of notts and i can't get there because i don't drive Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027140
Mobile Version of Website