Advantages Of Rigids

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Advantages Of Rigids
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 19:03 Quote
i've searched, but i couldn't find the right answer... Could someone tell me the advantage of rigids? I am getting a new bike in about 2 weeks, and it comes with rigids. I am wondering whether to keep the rigids or switch them around with my current forks (dj 2's). Could anyone help?

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 20:18 Quote
try the rigid and see what you think.
rigids are more solid and are lighter, some people like them some people don't you've just gotta try it and see.

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 21:49 Quote
Definitely try them, as said, weight is a pretty big factor. You can easily lose a couple .lbs off the front. Another plus is that you don't lose as much momentum when hopping. So when you lift the bars, the front wheel starts up immediately instead the little delay you get on a suspension fork.

It really all matters on what you think of them though. Some people are just too used to the suspension and others take to a rigid.

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 22:56 Quote
Thanks, i was gonna try them either way, but i just wanted to do some research on them first.

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 8:29 Quote
The way to go for street IMO. Lighter, looks cleaner, cheaper, more rigid, and any suspension you'd get for the price of a good rigid fork will suck most of the time.

When I turn my STP into a 4x bike and start my new street build it'll be SS and rigid.

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 17:08 Quote
The bike i was gonna get just got sold... I biked to the shop to buy it, and right when i got there i saw a guy riding away with it Madder Madder . I'm still temped to buy some rigids to try them out, cause my bike's been rigid lately, and i like it that way... Anyone got any sugestions what what rigid i should get?

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 19:12 Quote
CrankShaftYQX wrote:
The way to go for street IMO. Lighter, looks cleaner, cheaper, more rigid, and any suspension you'd get for the price of a good rigid fork will suck most of the time.

When I turn my STP into a 4x bike and start my new street build it'll be SS and rigid.

i dont find that it looks cleaner, but the other points are good. i like the look of a sus fork on the front Big Grin

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 3:19 Quote
rigid pros-

theyre definately lighter
they are pretty strong, they wont snap they will bend (which is safer than a sus fork)
they have a lower axle to crown height-better handling
they dont suck any force out of your pump
no maintanance
good for parks-grinds etc wont damage them much

cons-

if youre not a smooth rider youll not get the small margin of error suspension gives you.
they dont really hurt your wrists as people think they do- if you arent riding properly then you may hurt your wrists
they arent a versatile as suspension

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 3:21 Quote
you wont burst your seals and leak oil everywhere

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 3:30 Quote
Andrei13Street wrote:
The bike i was gonna get just got sold... I biked to the shop to buy it, and right when i got there i saw a guy riding away with it Madder Madder . I'm still temped to buy some rigids to try them out, cause my bike's been rigid lately, and i like it that way... Anyone got any sugestions what what rigid i should get?

identiti rebates Big Grin

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 3:50 Quote
ns fundamental, dmr trailblade

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 4:24 Quote
rabates are amazingly good, better than dmr trailblades, ive bent sets of them and so have many people. charge nozzles are 100mm suspension corrected which is silly and makes them weaker and the ns fundementals look long. the ns rns forks look good though

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 4:35 Quote
Looks like the fundamentals are slightly slacker... the rns might be a bit tight if you're not used to rigids. Although you might like that kind of ride.

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 5:13 Quote
DMR Trail Blade 2.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011719
Mobile Version of Website