...htt...

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 12:15 Quote
troyster-dockree wrote:
MrLoopout wrote:
any tips on slowing down my rotation for bigger 180s ..like over a spine?.... i'm so used to getting them around quick on smaller stuff and i end up over-rotating when i try to float something bigger... do you try to hold the bike sideways longer?
start the rotation later?

Facepalm duh... can't believe i didnt' even consider that lol ..guess i'm so stuck on snapping it right off the lip, i will have to re-program my brain ..thanks man

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 12:17 Quote
MrLoopout wrote:
troyster-dockree wrote:
MrLoopout wrote:
any tips on slowing down my rotation for bigger 180s ..like over a spine?.... i'm so used to getting them around quick on smaller stuff and i end up over-rotating when i try to float something bigger... do you try to hold the bike sideways longer?
start the rotation later?

Facepalm duh... can't believe i didnt' even consider that lol ..guess i'm so stuck on snapping it right off the lip, i will have to re-program my brain ..thanks man
yhh Razz i realised that when 180 onto the quarter and kept doing a disaster, comes with practice Razz

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 15:54 Quote
dbxrace wrote:
hazdxb wrote:
khazcrazy wrote:

Step Up
with a mulch landing, pretty much the best thing after a foam pit.
apart from a resi ramp. now why does no where (that i know of) have a step up resi?

mulch/sand/ soft dirt landings are all better than resi i think, they all hurt far less to fall onto and you dont get resi burns from them Blank Stare

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 16:33 Quote
n3lson666x wrote:
dbxrace wrote:
hazdxb wrote:

with a mulch landing, pretty much the best thing after a foam pit.
apart from a resi ramp. now why does no where (that i know of) have a step up resi?

mulch/sand/ soft dirt landings are all better than resi i think, they all hurt far less to fall onto and you dont get resi burns from them Blank Stare
i know what you mean but then again i reckon you could take more slams on a resi because hitting the deck hard dosnt usualy hurt as much.

Posted: Sep 1, 2011 at 1:24 Quote
3s into banks? cant get the last 90 or so

Posted: Sep 1, 2011 at 1:39 Quote
Try going faster and landing farther down the bank (giving you more time) but other then that you'll just have to spin faster its the same as 3ing on flat just easier.

Posted: Sep 1, 2011 at 1:43 Quote
ok ill give it a go. thanks.

Posted: Sep 1, 2011 at 7:48 Quote
dbxrace wrote:
MrLoopout wrote:
pull up really slowly and tuck up.

ahhh yeh.. that makes sense.. i'm not tucking up enough and i'm snapping the rotation too quickly... i will give it try.. thanks man

Posted: Sep 1, 2011 at 14:41 Quote
What are the first dirt jump tricks to learn?

Posted: Sep 1, 2011 at 15:24 Quote
SpecialBoy15 wrote:
No hander, no footer, nothing, tabletop, tuck no hander, barspin. Lotsa stuff you can learn. Oh and of course whips that's more style though but everyone appreciates a nice whip! Got my whip's fully sideways today!

Posted: Sep 1, 2011 at 16:01 Quote
SpecialBoy15 wrote:
tbogs, nacs, tire grabs, tuck nos, seat grabs(on the back). pretty much any simple trick that looks badass if you do it BIG. then 360s once you feel comfy enough to do that

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 at 3:39 Quote
hazdxb wrote:
SpecialBoy15 wrote:
No hander, no footer, nothing, tabletop, tuck no hander, barspin. Lotsa stuff you can learn. Oh and of course whips that's more style though but everyone appreciates a nice whip! Got my whip's fully sideways today!
i wouldnt consider barspins a beginner trick. some people pick them up really quick others take a lot longer.

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 at 4:41 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
hazdxb wrote:
SpecialBoy15 wrote:
i wouldnt consider barspins a beginner trick. some people pick them up really quick others take a lot longer.
nor are nothings a begginer trick, to be honest if your really just starting on stuff things like one handers, no footers x-ups, t-bogs and tire grabs are the things to learn first. and tables and whips/kickouts.

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 at 4:50 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
hazdxb wrote:
SpecialBoy15 wrote:

Yeah i probably shouldn't have recommended barspins on second thought, i never though of it as a hard trick because I used to ride street and park before DJ and so the transfer was easy for me. As for nothings, I dunno why that can't be called a begginer trick...I may not be experienced because I've only learned them like a month ago but i've always been told that getting off and on your bike is essential to learning tricks later.

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 at 12:52 Quote
We are hopefully gonna have a foampit built on a freinds farm at the end of this year.

Who on this forum can backflip. I wanna learn to foam??

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016305
Mobile Version of Website