...htt...

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 at 12:11 Quote
c-bernier wrote:
khazcrazy wrote:
n3lson666x wrote:

mulch/sand/ soft dirt landings are all better than resi i think, they all hurt far less to fall onto and you dont get resi burns from them Blank Stare

Well if you end up sliding there's a good chance you'll get a burn no matter what sort of landing there is.
Not really....I challenge you to get burned by sand.
or for that matter, slide on it. (soft sand that is)

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 at 15:10 Quote
dbxrace wrote:
c-bernier wrote:
khazcrazy wrote:

Well if you end up sliding there's a good chance you'll get a burn no matter what sort of landing there is.
Not really....I challenge you to get burned by sand.
or for that matter, slide on it. (soft sand that is)
I've slid on soft sand...just a lot of the sand comes with you Razz

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 at 20:39 Quote
Got shitloads of foam yesterday for the pit. New tricks coming!

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 at 17:09 Quote
need some help learning 360s

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 at 17:13 Quote
freerider856 wrote:
turn your head.alot

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 at 0:25 Quote
austinm123 wrote:
freerider856 wrote:
turn your head.alot

I learning 3's at the moment and iv found that if you go quite a bit faster then you normaly would for the jump it makes ally easier to get the rotation

Posted: Sep 17, 2011 at 4:18 Quote
kozafr wrote:
Has anyone got tips on no foot cans iv been trying them buy I can't get my feet back in

Also tail whips everytime iv managed to get the rotation iv always droped lower then the bike

i learned NFC out quarter so was able to land at the side of my bike and started trying to get back on after i had cracked getting off. Then I gradually gauged how much time I had to get back on. Learned them in a day out the quarter and after that its just practice on other jumps. if you can no footer it you can NFC it.

Not that I can do tail whips but it sounds like you need to try and spin the bike below you rather than in front of you, hope that helps.

Posted: Sep 17, 2011 at 12:38 Quote
grahamc wrote:
kozafr wrote:
Has anyone got tips on no foot cans iv been trying them buy I can't get my feet back in

Also tail whips everytime iv managed to get the rotation iv always droped lower then the bike

i learned NFC out quarter so was able to land at the side of my bike and started trying to get back on after i had cracked getting off. Then I gradually gauged how much time I had to get back on. Learned them in a day out the quarter and after that its just practice on other jumps. if you can no footer it you can NFC it.

Not that I can do tail whips but it sounds like you need to try and spin the bike below you rather than in front of you, hope that helps.

thanks ill have to try NFC on some steeper ramps and see what happens
and yh iv been trying that with the tail whips i was hoping that someone knew how to keep the rotation down but thanks anyway dude

Posted: Sep 17, 2011 at 12:43 Quote
I know LOTS of people come in here asking how to tailwhip and my friend gave me the best tip ever yesterday.
Pop both your wheels at the same time and throw the whip don't J-hop into it if that makes sense. (this is for fly out btw)

Posted: Sep 18, 2011 at 4:45 Quote
c-bernier wrote:
I know LOTS of people come in here asking how to tailwhip and my friend gave me the best tip ever yesterday.
Pop both your wheels at the same time and throw the whip don't J-hop into it if that makes sense. (this is for fly out btw)

ah ok i will give that a go next time im on the bike thanks

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 at 18:52 Quote
kozafr wrote:
c-bernier wrote:

when you do a tailwhip, you can hop however you want. its all about not being afraid of being hurt. you are going to jump off, kick your bike and move your arms around in a circle. try to stay ahead of your bike with your hands by about 75 degrees. (like if your handlebars are completely sideways thats 90) and make sure to end the circle at your hips.. its "out around and barhump." keep your arms lower than your stomach. look for the pedals and throw your front foot on and then clamp with the rear foot.. if you are doing it on a step up try to stop the rotation of the bike with your foot on the frame or if you can catch it on the pedal go for it,, hope that helped. just landed them with those tips

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 at 2:49 Quote
omnomnom wrote:
kozafr wrote:
c-bernier wrote:

when you do a tailwhip, you can hop however you want. its all about not being afraid of being hurt. you are going to jump off, kick your bike and move your arms around in a circle. try to stay ahead of your bike with your hands by about 75 degrees. (like if your handlebars are completely sideways thats 90) and make sure to end the circle at your hips.. its "out around and barhump." keep your arms lower than your stomach. look for the pedals and throw your front foot on and then clamp with the rear foot.. if you are doing it on a step up try to stop the rotation of the bike with your foot on the frame or if you can catch it on the pedal go for it,, hope that helped. just landed them with those tips

ok thanks i think ill finish building a step up before i try them again

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 at 7:51 Quote
omnomnom wrote:
kozafr wrote:
c-bernier wrote:

Im not scared what so ever of getting hurt,I really couldn't care less. Unfourtantly just because you commit doesn't mean you'll land them. I was talking about fly out,your talking about dirt....

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 at 16:43 Quote
anyone have any tips on flat threes and threes on djs? I cant seem to get past 180. and i can 180 flat easy. and im looking really hard

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 at 12:45 Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jSVD-1gMF8

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017115
Mobile Version of Website