Mount it and forget about it, a valuable resource!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Mount it and forget about it, a valuable resource!
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:42 Quote
rossco2097 wrote:
lennoxrider wrote:
rossco2097 wrote:
HOPE Bulb Hub's. 36 Hole .. Black

Set came on a Orange 222 135mm bolt, 20mm Front, Converted them for a Marin Rift-Zone, Then ran them on an Ellsworth Joker then an Orange Patriot then I used the front on my old 224. 5yrs worth of fit and forget.

The newer pro's arent a scratching on them.

Saint Cranks are pretty good but sometime's they creek after a while.

i ripped the flange off a rear bulb, it was 3 years old and hope gave me a new hub body free, but it was annoying at the time

Ha Ha Ha Good for you man. Must have Gave it some hammer. How did this happen?

Oh well HOPE BULB

...... +1

...... - 1

probably riding downhill on a hardtail, hit a big jump and must have landed on some rocks

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:48 Quote
ive had two pikes and havent had a single problem, the only problem is with the maxel, the one on my new 426s likes to come undoneFrown

great thread, one too look at if im looking for new parts in the future tup

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:53 Quote
Pikes and Chris King head set, PLUS: Hadley hubs *droooool*, I love my hadleys....

Juicy 7 Brakes aswell!

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:56 Quote
StevePrice wrote:
ive had two pikes and havent had a single problem, the only problem is with the maxel, the one on my new 426s likes to come undoneFrown

Thick grease.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:57 Quote
MUnibiker wrote:
Pikes and Chris King head set, PLUS: Hadley hubs *droooool*, I love my hadleys....

Juicy 7 Brakes aswell!

+100000 for the hadleys
Pikes are great for all mountain riding, but will break alot easier when used for street/DJ

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:58 Quote
StevePrice wrote:

great thread, one too look at if im looking for new parts in the future tup
Mine had so much flex that there was thick rubber markings on the inner side of the arch of the lowers, from the tire flexing against the fork. But, it didn't crack and it was abused for a couple years and it's still going.

Anyway, someone said it earlier the best it could be said.. everything wears out eventually. I'm stoked on my King headset, Hope Pro 2 hubs, and Thomson stem right now though.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 10:00 Quote
warrior1 wrote:
Mine had so much flex that there was thick rubber markings on the inner side of the arch of the lowers, from the tire flexing against the fork. But, it didn't crack and it was abused for a couple years and it's still going.

I'd say that's the wheel build, I can't even do that if I'm trying with mine.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 10:02 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
warrior1 wrote:

I'd say that's the wheel build, I can't even do that if I'm trying with mine.
do you spin?

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 10:04 Quote
drew44 wrote:
do you spin?

Not regularly, but sometimes. But I also have straight pull spokes, which make it harder for the wheel to flex.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 10:15 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
drew44 wrote:
do you spin?

Not regularly, but sometimes. But I also have straight pull spokes, which make it harder for the wheel to flex.
i think if you were to spin a lot the wheel may flex enough into the arch and leave marks, right?

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
If I can't do it trying, I wont do it by spinning. Unless I land on the wheel whilst it is at a 90 degree angle.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 10:30 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
Allow me to elaborate. What I mean when I refer to a part as something you "mount and forget about" is that it is so reliable and requires so little maintenance, that you forget it's even there. These are parts that you know will almost never fail you and that you trust your life with. I figure, why not make a list of these parts as kind of a quick reference guide?

Rules:
*Only add parts that you have personally used, no "I've heard these are great!"
*3 strikes and you're out. Either 3 eyewitness accounts or 3 pictures of the part, broken renders it out of the list... Let's see how many truly great parts there are!
*Stuff that wears (eg tires, grips) may be included if you feel you get more than your money's worth by the time they're dead
*Follow the posting guidelines

I'll start:

Chris King headsets
Salsa Flipoff skewers
Easton EA 70 bars

Update:
Thomson Stems and Posts
Mavic Rims (there's been a few names floating around)
Saint cranks
MTX
Straitline
Goodridge hosing
FSA Pig/Pig DH Pro
RockShox Pike

i blew my rebound and compression in my pike lol

i have some parts to list though:
juicy 7's
domain 318 IS
argyle 409
premium pedals
stylo cranks
gravity lite cranks
hadley hubs
E.13 LG-1

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 10:33 Quote
The wheel that caused the marks, was a complete Eight Track (MTX rim to Ringle 20mm hub). It was true.

With no hub in the fork, the left leg could flex back and forth noticeably.

This fork seen a lot of spins (stairs, spines, DJs, etc), backflips, tailwhips.. but it didn't crack and it was an 06.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 10:34 Quote
[Quoten]i blew my rebound and compression in my pike lol

juicy 7's
domain 318 IS
argyle 409
premium pedals
stylo cranks
gravity lite cranks
hadley hubs[/Quoten]
Theres been many broken 409 (bent)
And gravity lite cranks i have seen broken a few times also.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 10:37 Quote
roger-dodger wrote:
[Quoten]i blew my rebound and compression in my pike lol

juicy 7's
domain 318 IS
argyle 409
premium pedals
stylo cranks
gravity lite cranks
hadley hubs[/Quoten]
Theres been many broken 409 (bent)
And gravity lite cranks i have seen broken a few times also.

oh haha well i hav complete trust in my 409 and the gravity lites, ive beat the sh*t out of them! Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008771
Mobile Version of Website