Sickest moment in the history of mountain biking so far

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sickest moment in the history of mountain biking so far
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 23:46 Quote
dan cowan walking up the north shore with nails ,hammer and chainsaw

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 0:18 Quote
I think one of the most significant was in the first Rampage, when Bourdon successfully gapped over that sketchy rock outcrop when the downhill world champion had failed and broken his wrist. That turned a few heads.

That or Sam Hill's Champery run last year, in the wet, fell off and still came third.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 6:13 Quote
Didn't Watson case it on the Le Tour de France though?
There are way better stunts done by so many more riders than that one. Just not on such a world wide stage.
How about when Romaniac cased it in front of his mom in Kelowna, if we are going to consider failed stunts the epic "moment"?

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 6:42 Quote
^ That was the Gillard road gap in kelowna.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 6:46 Quote
0000hUcK-tHiS0000 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
When Jason McRoy came back to beat Miles Rockwell at the 1993 Reebok Eliminator with no factory support. All he had was his dad and a little money they scraped together to keep his little old GT running.

jason McRoy was an absolute legend

if you watch the video when hes coming down the stairs one of those kids is obviously like steve peat or someone thats now pro

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 6:48 Quote
unclesmokey84 wrote:
4-chords-for-a-song wrote:
When Dave Watson road gapped "le tour de france" !
agreed

would have been better if he landed it though

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 6:58 Quote
evanwm wrote:
actually, first timo tried and failed(he came close), then a couple of years later greg watts landed one at 26trix in austria, then alex pro landed one at the same place the next year, then lacondeguy landed one at the same place the next year
glen coe has also done double backflips

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 6:59 Quote
harriieee wrote:
I think one of the most significant was in the first Rampage, when Bourdon successfully gapped over that sketchy rock outcrop when the downhill world champion had failed and broken his wrist. That turned a few heads.

That or Sam Hill's Champery run last year, in the wet, fell off and still came third.
or maybe minnaars run at fort william worlds in 2007, fell and broke his shoulder and rode the last 2min20seconds with his shoulder broken to finnish fourth? all that on argueably the most physically punishing courses in the world. i dont even think i could ride to the bottom with a broken shoulder, let alone finnish fourth.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 7:05 Quote
gapping the tour de france, paul bas winning crankworx before anyone had even heard his name, the athertons winning all 3 races on 1 dh weekend, the claw 360'n the road gap at crankworx, drop in...

there have been so many great moments that have shaped mtb into the global sport it is today... and long may it continue to amaze us all!

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 7:34 Quote
atherton taking pro men and women at worlds and sam hill at champery and boykos 360 at c worx last year

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 10:34 Quote
makechanges wrote:
atherton taking pro men and women at worlds and sam hill at champery and boykos 360 at c worx last year

Ummmmm..... Cam Zink did that a year before, Bearclaw threw down a way bigger 360 drop two years earlier. 360 drops are nothing special no more, hardly the best moment in 20 years of mountain biking

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
harriieee wrote:
makechanges wrote:

Ummmmm..... Cam Zink did that a year before, Bearclaw threw down a way bigger 360 drop two years earlier. 360 drops are nothing special no more, hardly the best moment in 20 years of mountain biking
just my opinion there is no absolute bvest moment man i though it was cool and yes i saw the other 360s by zink and berrecloth.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 14:10 Quote
ibisrox wrote:
Didn't Watson case it on the Le Tour de France though?
There are way better stunts done by so many more riders than that one. Just not on such a world wide stage.
How about when Romaniac cased it in front of his mom in Kelowna, if we are going to consider failed stunts the epic "moment"?

yo man, romaniuk didnrt case he git bucked off of the landing nd landed on slid on hos back. your thinking of grant allen, hes the one who cased that jump, i no because im the biggest romo fan out there

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
c'mon man theres much more out there, just think

Posted: Sep 12, 2008 at 10:44 Quote
last years 26trix in austria where that totally unkown german dude threw a backflip 360 and landed it perfectly

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020845
Mobile Version of Website