new none pro film??

PB Forum :: Downhill
new none pro film??
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 10:56 Quote
im fed up with just seeing pros all the time and yes it is cool, but i think something should be done at local races and with up and cumming youngster etc. and a few local quick guys too have a few spicy sections. i was just wondering what you guys thought of some of the footage i got so far, all feedback would be apreciated.
heres what i got
Views: 2,029    Faves: 23    Comments: 23

and
Views: 1,311    Faves: 16    Comments: 14

they are shortened versions so not to give everything away thanks.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 15:18 Quote
yeah man, i agree with you that a non-pro film would be cool. to be able to see what people are capable of doing on a bike that dont ride for a living, you know, people who have jobs and obligations off the saddle. still, a film that showcases "real" people should be full of top-notch film and editing quality (not necessarily big buget w/ the cable cams and all that full-film-crew-stuff) AS WELL AS great riding. here's some constructive critisim (if you dont mind). your first video example needed to be more interesting. better editing: there was too much "dead" time. better riding: none of the trails/lines/stunts were all that interesting either. the "s" turns or whatever you want to call them in the 2nd vid were cool, and a couple of the jumps and manuevuers were cool, but not too much interesting stuff. the first song was terrible and the 2nd song wasnt all that great either, so better music would be great to see too. Also, variety would be nice: different types of riding, non-so-linear footage (not the same turn/jump/whatever over and over). anyway, your idea/vision for this project is awesome! good luck!

FL
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 15:22 Quote
yh, thats usefull, this is jus some of the stuff that we got so far, ive only had th idea a short while an to see what i can come up with. cheers for the feedback and i will take it into consideration when next editing, i jus want to get some peoples opinions in what direction to take it.
Big Grin Salute

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 16:16 Quote
maybe do a life style sort of thing to, so if its based on the younger generation maybe something to do with how we youths live and what time we put into our biking and stuff, just a thought, but yeah good luck with film i like the idea Salute

FL
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 18:19 Quote
nice job its good to see a decent quality video of some portes du soleil riding. some nice sections of plenney, maybe some look easier on video than they are to ride. i hope you have other shots of some of the steeper "secret" trails and others from across the area.
the secon video was ok, too short to reall tell. there are a few videos similar to what you are aiming for, but most people filmed will be quick, and therefore be quiet well known. When earthed(first ones) filmed neil donaghue and richard cunnygham and the athertons, they werent world wide names - so it can be done.
look forward to seeing the completed articles!Wink
I'm going sleep now so i can ride plenney in the morning!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011207
Mobile Version of Website