what type of bottom bracket do i have

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
what type of bottom bracket do i have
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
ridetrails wrote:
hey guys could u tell me what derailuer housing i use with out seeing my bike

yeah, 5 mm Shimano SIS. No need to be an jerk.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:55 Quote
bonfire wrote:
ridetrails wrote:

but its a derailleur housing..so it's probably 4mm

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 21:21 Quote
--fubar-- wrote:
bonfire wrote:
ridetrails wrote:

ummmmm...4mm is terrible, so much friction.

They make deraileur housing in 4mm and 5mm thicknesses, most people around here only ever use 5mm because it allows the cable to move so much easier. 4mm often results in hung shifting, and ghost shifting.

XTR cablesets come with 4mm housing, whenever we install one on a customers bike we almost always swap the housing for the XTR 5mm housing.

Deraileur and Brake housing is different as I am sure you know, not just by the thickness but also the casing is different.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
Indeed, Shift housing has vertical strands encasing the cable whereas brake housing has a thin piece of metal coiled around the cable. But if the creator of this thread could give us a bit more to go on when asking such specific question with vague detail, we might be able to solve the problem a lot quicker, and with much more patience and much less sarcasm.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
rubbersidedown661 wrote:
Indeed, Shift housing has vertical strands encasing the cable whereas brake housing has a thin piece of metal coiled around the cable. But if the creator of this thread could give us a bit more to go on when asking such specific question with vague detail, we might be able to solve the problem a lot quicker, and with much more patience and much less sarcasm.

Yes a picture would be nice. But it appears that the OP has the answer he needs. So let us just let this thread die.

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 7:23 Quote
4mm housing isnt that bad, if you lube the crap out of it, it will work great..does for me. sorry for going off topic

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 7:38 Quote
jonslater wrote:
^^ no need to be rude about it

And I just checked on danscomp and it says its a spanish bb.

here's the link http://www.danscomp.com/serve.php?serve=faq&html=bb_diagram.htm

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 11:13 Quote
moresun9 wrote:
jonslater wrote:

http://www.danscomp.com/serve.php?serve=faq&html=bb_diagram.htm

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 11:15 Quote
--fubar-- wrote:
moresun9 wrote:
jonslater wrote:

http://www.danscomp.com/serve.php?serve=faq&html=bb_diagram.htm

It also says it here

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
sorry to restart a deead thread but.... wat bottom bracket do i have
photo

i think its an american but i'm not sure, also will a 22mm mid bb kit fit into it?

cheers

Posted: Apr 13, 2012 at 20:00 Quote
What type of BB is this?

What BB is this

I can't identify

Posted: Apr 14, 2012 at 4:53 Quote
bonfire wrote:
--fubar-- wrote:
bonfire wrote:

ummmmm...4mm is terrible, so much friction.

They make deraileur housing in 4mm and 5mm thicknesses, most people around here only ever use 5mm because it allows the cable to move so much easier. 4mm often results in hung shifting, and ghost shifting.

XTR cablesets come with 4mm housing, whenever we install one on a customers bike we almost always swap the housing for the XTR 5mm housing.

Deraileur and Brake housing is different as I am sure you know, not just by the thickness but also the casing is different.

Yeah but you can use brake housing as derailleur housing in a pinch... not so the other way around! I did it a while back and ended up running it for several seasons without any noticeable issues.

That said, why do people feel it necessary to flip out when someone posts something they feel might be easy to figure out? This is a discussion forum after all. If you hear two people talking about something you dont like, or agree with out in public you dont jump in and tell them to shut up do you people?

So when you see a 'what kind of bb do I have post' you should either help the guy out... or just shut your mouths. Its childish and immature (although sometimes a bit funny I must admit) to jump on the guy for just asking the question. In the open forum yeah... fine but when someone is trying to get help for something bike related just give em a break. Dont be a douche.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.037617
Mobile Version of Website