What have you had for broken bones?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
What have you had for broken bones?
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
collar bone, left forearm and wrist,....and for good measure i shot myself in the hand with a roofing nailer at work last summer..i wish i could post the x-ray of it somehow...its the coolest looking thing ever! but hurt like hell..

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 19:50 Quote
I broke my knee cap, required two surgeries.
Hyper-extended the same knee, required two surgeries.
Spiral fracture in right ankle, required one plate & six screws & two more surgeries.
Broke the ligament in my right middle finger, so the finger leans against the finger next to it, probably needed some attention but never had it fixed, OHH that finger had 23 stiches (internal & external).
Eleven foot drop gone bad, broken left collar bone, no surgeries.
Pump track mis-judgement (face plant ), broke the right collar bone & displaced it 300% of normal, required two surgeries & one seven inch rod through thet middle of the bone! This was the worst one of all!!! There it is.Nurse

All this riding, PRICELESS!!

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
Toll wrote:
I broke my knee cap, required two surgeries.
Hyper-extended the same knee, required two surgeries.
Spiral fracture in right ankle, required one plate & six screws & two more surgeries.
Broke the ligament in my right middle finger, so the finger leans against the finger next to it, probably needed some attention but never had it fixed, OHH that finger had 23 stiches (internal & external).
Eleven foot drop gone bad, broken left collar bone, no surgeries.
Pump track mis-judgement (face plant ), broke the right collar bone & displaced it 300% of normal, required two surgeries & one seven inch rod through thet middle of the bone! This was the worst one of all!!! There it is.Nurse

All this riding, PRICELESS!!
owchBeer

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 20:14 Quote
Broken left foot (Freak accidend at the age of Cool

and in grade six I broke my wrist and elbow. Needed five pins (4 inches long) Cause' I broke my elbow right widthwise across the joint. : D

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 20:14 Quote
broke leg playin a game of hockey (mildly intoxicated)

broke the same bone in my hand 3 times (once sober, on best friends head, twice drunk on stuipid peoples faces)

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
Collarbone and ribs, seems like im lucky though compared to some guys haha.:P

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 20:26 Quote
Left pinky... still hurts on extended rides... Right index and middle finger (bent backwards in a crash)

uhh the rest is broken cartlidge and a torn muscle in my leg right above the knee...

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 10:57 Quote
samnation wrote:
lukeslocombe wrote:
Fractured skull.

How'd that feel?

well i was concust and my eyes went all black and i felt terribly sick and i was in a wheelchair for a week. I couldn't watch t.v, p.c or nothign for 6 weeks cause it could affect your brain, in other words not nice :L

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 11:00 Quote
snapped both the bones in my fore arm and now i got two metal plates and 8 screws holdin my arm together

FL
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 11:02 Quote
foot twice,all of my fingers nd fractured my collarbone! most of it is footballin though rther than biking and im only 15! bummer

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 8:31 Quote
i have broken my right arm in to places and 2 fingers an a toe. seems im getting pretty lucky too....

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 17:41 Quote
Broken Femur at the growth plateWhip Blank Stare

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 17:44 Quote
Broke my right thumb once,right wrist once,right collar bone once,left ankle once, and some bone in my shoulder i cant remember what it was called but i did it the same days as my collar bone

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 17:46 Quote
collarbone, luckily it didnt move.
wrist a while ago too

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 17:47 Quote
broke and twisted my arm from rollerblading, and twisted ankle from scootering. hahaha. sounds lame. no broken bones from biking yet! except my left shin is sorta rough because my pedal slipped 4 times. unexpectedly. when i wasnt wearing shin guards

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022938
Mobile Version of Website