Other Fork Brands (less known, higher performing)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Other Fork Brands (less known, higher performing)
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:21 Quote
his wrists should be quite dense (bone wise), so they can probably take a beating

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:22 Quote
daaneel wrote:
did you practice alot before u got rigid forks or do you have really strong wrists and how hard do you jump?
I went from a DJ bike with 90 mm travel right over to an echo control, rigid! I had no difficulty at all switching over, I really don't understand how people find rigid so unbearable, I think most people just seem to think they'll hurt their wrists, when they've never really tried! Bmxers have always used rigids, and they go as big as most MTBers!

I think suspension is a placebo for people to think they'll ride better, and spend more!

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:23 Quote
austinb wrote:
Im pretty sure atomlab makes forks. You could take a look there.
not sure if its been posted but atomlab=inverted dirt jumper amazing!

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:26 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
daaneel wrote:
did you practice alot before u got rigid forks or do you have really strong wrists and how hard do you jump?
I went from a DJ bike with 90 mm travel right over to an echo control, rigid! I had no difficulty at all switching over, I really don't understand how people find rigid so unbearable, I think most people just seem to think they'll hurt their wrists, when they've never really tried! Bmxers have always used rigids, and they go as big as most MTBers!

I think suspension is a placebo for people to think they'll ride better, and spend more!

ya but its usually on a smooth surface, suspension is made for rough bumpy surfaces

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:28 Quote
daaneel wrote:
jason222bike wrote:
daaneel wrote:

ya but its usually on a smooth surface, suspension is made for rough bumpy surfaces
marzo dj1, 2's sorta "stick" at the top. i went pretty fast over this rough area and watched them, didnt move

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:30 Quote
erik74 wrote:
daaneel wrote:
jason222bike wrote:

marzo dj1, 2's sorta "stick" at the top. i went pretty fast over this rough area and watched them, didnt move

you probably have springs that are too firm for you

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:35 Quote
erik74 wrote:
daaneel wrote:
jason222bike wrote:

Yeah, I'll agree with that for sure. Most short travel forks don't soak up bumps very well.

That being said, long travel DH forks soak up bumps very well!

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:46 Quote
daaneel wrote:
erik74 wrote:
daaneel wrote:

you probably have springs that are too firm for you

no, thats the way they are, theyre rigid on small bumps. they absorb my pedal strokes though

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 23:04 Quote
if your space feels like a rock,
A. Take some air out
B. Get some softer coils
C. Get more oil

The 08's are AIR/COIL rebound forks.

Also ive heard good things about the atomlab gi60 for all your atomlab lovers

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 23:23 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
freeridermaster wrote:
I dunoo about your DJ3 question.
But I know RST makes a Dj fork. I don't know if its any good but you could look around

my friend has an rst space coil 80mm. probably one of the worst forks out there. it goes down about 1cm at the most. and makes a stupid squeek noise lieka dog toy. and they just dont feel good

yes dont get the RST space coil version it sucks ARSE compared to the AIR version and i think coil is OEM only anyways

EDIT: the air version my bud has is VERY VERY good (imo)

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 23:40 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
daaneel wrote:

im going from 100mm of travel thats way to soft to a rigid, ive used a bmx before, and i really like the rigid, i guess some of us were made to ride rigid, some to ride suspension

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 6:42 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
jason222bike wrote:
daaneel wrote:

im going from 100mm of travel thats way to soft to a rigid, ive used a bmx before, and i really like the rigid, i guess some of us were made to ride rigid, some to ride suspension
yep, and it doesnt matter what your riding, as long as your riding

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 9:23 Quote
pS-P-TO-D-Km wrote:
That's weird. I have heard mainly mixed reviews. I have read that it has gnarly retarded top out, flexes latterly, uses less of the claimed travel without sag on the hardest spring, internal elastomers are useless and is 5.14 pounds.

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 9:59 Quote
seriouly do you have to quote the whole dam picture!!

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 10:03 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
pS-P-TO-D-Km wrote:
That's weird. I have heard mainly mixed reviews. I have read that it has gnarly retarded top out, flexes latterly, uses less of the claimed travel without sag on the hardest spring, internal elastomers are useless and is 5.14 pounds.

It doesn't have "travel". It's a stretch to even call it a suspension fork. The elastomers are just to cushion big hits, not supply 50mm of travel. So stop comparing it to real suspension forks, when it's more of a rigid than a suspension fork.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012163
Mobile Version of Website