Best fork 4 SX Trail

PB Forum :: Specialized
Best fork 4 SX Trail
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 17:27 Quote
HI. Im going to buy SX 2008 frame and I'm wondering about best fork to mount on it. I have 2007 Z1 with 150 mm but this is not enough I think. 160 mm will be propably the best option. I have looked at new Marzocchi 55 line but all of them look strange to me -they do not have rebound and compression adjustments. So can You all Sx riders give me a little advice about the forks You have in Yours?Im not a hardcore rider (the Z1 is perfect for me now).

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 17:29 Quote
dont go with the new marzocchi's they moved thier product factoy to tiwan so they suck now, if you really want a sick fork go with a fox 36 float, talas or van its almost like they are made for that bike

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 18:40 Quote
manikrider15 wrote:
dont go with the new marzocchi's they moved thier product factoy to tiwan so they suck now, if you really want a sick fork go with a fox 36 float, talas or van its almost like they are made for that bike

Well if your actually going to listen to this guy then dont get a specialized because they are made in Tawain so they must suck. I have a 66 on my sx trail and I love it, so im gonna have to reccomend a 66.

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 18:50 Quote
mtnbikermaniac wrote:
manikrider15 wrote:
Marzocchi has always had a factory in Taiwan, it just makes more sense financially. It doesn't make there products garbage. Their Bomber line up is made in ITALY such as the 888's, 66's and higher end forks. Every international company's bikes are made offshore dude. NORCO........Canadian company, Taiwanese factory, same with Specialized. Even Rocky's are made in Taiwan. Rocky's only claim to fame is that they are painted in Canada.

Well if your actually going to listen to this guy then dont get a specialized because they are made in Tawain so they must suck. I have a 66 on my sx trail and I love it, so im gonna have to reccomend a 66.

.......Agreed. 66's are awesome. I have an 05' and it is by far the best fork I have ever ridden, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Smile

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 18:58 Quote
i ride a sx with a 66 and its super dope

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 2:39 Quote
Any 36 Fox for sure. But I suppose u couldnt go wrong with a 66 or a Totem. Anyway, for me its Fox 36 all the way!

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 3:00 Quote
It all depends on what kind of riding do you do.
My friends has SX with RS Lyrik and believe me, he's not using it for enduro.
I like 66's...I have one (2k6 170mm) in my Coiler and it works great, but if you care about weight, go with Lyrik.
I think that Travis would work cause they're a bit lower than RS and Marzocchi.

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 3:00 Quote
Fox all the way, if you dont like fox some lyrics?

FL
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 3:23 Quote
dont get the fox's mine are absolutely buggered, not a good choice. im going to get some 66s cant go wrong woth marzocchi, unless ur planning on doing croos country on it....... :S

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 3:35 Quote
[Quoten]It all depends on what kind of riding do you do.
My friends has SX with RS Lyrik and believe me, he's not using it for enduro.
I like 66's...I have one (2k6 170mm) in my Coiler and it works great, but if you care about weight, go with Lyrik.
I think that Travis would work cause they're a bit lower than RS and Marzocchi.[/Quoten]

Mowisz o Koralgolu? No prawda on ma Liryka. 66 sa spoko szczegolnie te starsze z mniejszym skokiem.Myslałem o 55 Marcoka ale nie znam jeszcze opinii na ich temat.Nie jestem hardkorowym prosemSmile wiec nie potrzebuje mega widelca, jak mowilem wczesniej - gdyby Z1 mial 160mm -bralbym w ciemnoSmile No ale juz nie robia...

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 9:05 Quote
Got a Marzocchi 66RC2X 180MM on it its asome for freeriding /downhill.
If you're mora slopestyle rider or so i would recommend a 150mm travel fork like the 66 or a fox 36
photo

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 10:36 Quote
[Quoten]Got a Marzocchi 66RC2X 180MM on it its asome for freeriding /downhill.
If you're mora slopestyle rider or so i would recommend a 150mm travel fork like the 66 or a fox 36[/Quoten]

So 2007 Z1 150 will be Enough ??

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 5:50 Quote
Rockshox Totems, they piss all over Fox's and 66's! Razz

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 6:10 Quote
get the new 55ata. light as f*ck and enough adjustments to play with. theyre the perfect for for an sx trail. im putting one on mine

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011620
Mobile Version of Website