Marzocchi 08 66 RC3 problem

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi 08 66 RC3 problem
Posted: Jan 10, 2010 at 9:38 Quote
freeride707 wrote:
thats true i didnt get the decals on them tho so ime getting a set of 09 decals so at least there be different
no not ti that woulda been nice tho

0 should get the 06' decals... i prefer the older decals because it makes the fork look less busy

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 13:01 Quote
took some pictures of the bike a feek ago with my 66 that i got from zocchi... nickel stanctions on an rc3!?!?!?! whaat???

photo

and whole bike as it stands now... Razz

photo

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 13:53 Quote
Is that an 08 or an 09 RC3?

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 16:42 Quote
thrice wrote:
Is that an 08 or an 09 RC3?

its the 2008

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 at 15:54 Quote
First of all HI ! I'm sorry to hear so many problems regarding MZ 08/09 forks.

I have a 66 RCV 08" fork since Julie 2008 Smile , i've contacted my LBC about 3 weeks ago. Problem is that no one is taking care of MZ and there is no MZ service center. So my local bike center is talking directly with MZ Italia.

Same issue here...lot of play in stanchios...i've told my LBC that they should order a new bushing kit, but after i read 6-7 pages i think i need new lowers and probably new crown because i get the same creaking under brake.

I've talked with the guys from my LBC and the parts for all MZ stuff are coming next week. I hope they have there some lowers and crowns, if not i should demonstrate them again that i need new lowers and crown.

Thanks a lot for sharing you're problems !

Sorry for my english Smile . I will come back with news ASAP.

Ride safe !
Sobo.

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 at 16:43 Quote
happy to hear that your bike shop is helping you out. when i sent mine to the shop they couldnt do anything for me. i had to ship it all on my own (which sucks)

luckly i talked to good people at marzo and they helped me out alot.

still no problems with my fork since i ot it back Wink

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 at 16:57 Quote
Yeah, that sucks a lot. Nice to hear that you're MZ is working fine !

Now i just need to wait until they ship the parts. Hope that i only need the bushing kit. My stem is creaking, hope it's the stem not the fork Smile .

Tommorow i will borrow a stem+handlebar and hope the creaking comes from them...if not i will need to send the fork to MZ. Right now the fork is on the bike, i just wait for the parts and go to my LBC to install them.

Cheers,
Sobo.

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 at 18:30 Quote
So3oL4Nu wrote:
Yeah, that sucks a lot. Nice to hear that you're MZ is working fine !

Now i just need to wait until they ship the parts. Hope that i only need the bushing kit. My stem is creaking, hope it's the stem not the fork Smile .

Tommorow i will borrow a stem+handlebar and hope the creaking comes from them...if not i will need to send the fork to MZ. Right now the fork is on the bike, i just wait for the parts and go to my LBC to install them.

Cheers,
Sobo.

problem lies with bushings and upper crown, steer tube and stanctions... i got them to install 2010 slotted bushings and they gave nickel stanction tubes as a gift for my troubles

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 2:29 Quote
So in other words the fork...this way I will probably need to send the fork by my self, I will call MZ and explain the problem. Hope they repair the fork in Italia (Romania-Italia max 1500km).

Thanks for info and i will let you know about the situation.

Cheers,
Sobo.

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 13:42 Quote
I've tried another stem+handlebar, indeed the probleme comes from the upper crown.

What do you suggest ?

1. To explain them (my LBC) that my fork is creaking from the upper crown and the play in the stanchions comes from the lowers+slotted bushings ? I just told them 3 weeks ago that i need a new bushing kit (they wrote a mail with my SN and tell them that i have play in the stanchios). They didn't inspect my fork because they aren't a MZ service center.

2. Call MZ and explain the problem (not that they don't know the problem), send the fork by my self and wait for a new lower/crown/stanchios/bushing...

Cheers,
Sobo.

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 16:33 Quote
try to explain to te bike shop that there has been multuple issues with the 2008 marzocchi 66 forks and you think that your fork may be defective. try to demenstrate that under hard braking, that there is a noise coming from your fork (uppers and steer tube). also tell them that you have checked that your headset is tight and it cant be your bar and stem (because you tried a different one).

try to call them: +39.051.6168711 for italy headquarters... and talk to a customer service rep. they should be able to help you out

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 13:46 Quote
Thanks a lot man, this is what I will do Smile . First I wait for the parts that should came in in the first place, after this i will explain my issue.

If the cannot help, I will call MZ directly and explain the problem, they should change my crown/lowers and bushing, right ? Big Grin .

Let you know about the situation.

BTW: i've purchased a SLX crank today (replaced my old Alivio), very nice crank indeed Big Grin , stiff and light.

I have one question:

After changing you're lowers, do you still have play in the stanchios ?

Cheers !
Sobo.

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 16:17 Quote
theres still a very tiny bit of play between the stanctions and the lowers (bushings).... but they fixed the main problem which was the bad creeking in the fork.

and because the 2010 shit is out, you should be getting 2010 parts for your fork.

Posted: Jun 4, 2010 at 1:36 Quote
I don't mind if i have a tiny play between the stanctions/lowers. When I call them I will ask for 2010 parts(lowers/crown and stanchios Big Grin ).

Cheers,
Sobo.

Posted: Jun 7, 2010 at 13:57 Quote
Back Smile ...I've called MZ Italia and they redirect me to my LBS. So I called my LBS and explain them that i have almost 1 month since i've placed a ticket for my problem (play in stanchions).

I've explain them that since i've lanuched the ticket I've discovered another problem (the creeking issue), so hope they ordered more crowns, if not i should place a new order and probably wait 1-2month again. This really sucks.

Friday i should receive a status about the order, hope next week they have the MZ parts.

Q: Can i broke the crown by riding the bike with this annoying creeking ? (i will go out for a freeride this weekend).

Cheers !
Sobo.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024284
Mobile Version of Website