Glass proof tires

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Glass proof tires
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 18:08 Quote
Haha yea, so much glass here in kitchener, yea i was thinking of grabbing one of those thick ass tubes. As for not running over glass, its not the big pieces of glass, its the kind thats like invisible to the human eye that gets stuck inside and punctures.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
i got this random tube from cnadian tire made by shwinn. the guy there in the bike section sold me on it. its supposidly puncture resistant. which i can partially believe because the tube is bout 8 times as thick as a normal tube. and i havent got a flat ever since...knock on wood.

i have 2 huge bottles of bicycle tube sealant. but i read the instructions and its too complicated for nme to be bothered with ahah. i duct tape my rim and tire. plus i dont run over glass ic i can...

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
JPtheRider wrote:
GLH.

I already said im running that in the rear right now, thats what keeps getting punctures.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://animalbikes.com/wp-content/gallery/products-asm-tire/asm_02.jpgget the 2.1 version of this tire and slap it onto the rear rim and inflate her to 100psi. and then go out and ride like a madman!

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
Haha, wait arent your Victor? we rode last sunday at the aud, im pat with the raw Kink apex.

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 20:02 Quote
I bet you have a spoke sticking out or some shit. 12 flats from glass that's so small there's no way it could cut through?

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
do bmx tires make a totally different noise while riding when filled with duct tape??.....cuz when i lined the inside of my tire with duct tape it made a really wierd humming noise.

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 12:42 Quote
what tyre is/was it?

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 13:03 Quote
Learn how to patch a tube.

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 15:42 Quote
I'm surprised no one mentioned Primo Walls yet. Strongest tire you can get, guaranteed. They're heavy but you won't get flats often.

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
Tubeless. Drop weight, end flats.

Yes I know this is the 20" forum.

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
I'm pretty sure with most tubeless sealants you can only go to to a max psi that is lower than what most BMXers run. I may be wrong though...

I still vouch for Primo The Wall tires. You can pretty much ride over a broken beer bottle and not get a flat. They have an 80 psi max, but I've seen people run them at around 100 with no problems.

Edit: Are you running rim strips?

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 19:47 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
I'm pretty sure with most tubeless sealants you can only go to to a max psi that is lower than what most BMXers run. I may be wrong though...

I still vouch for Primo The Wall tires. You can pretty much ride over a broken beer bottle and not get a flat.

Edit: Are you running rim strips?

It doesn't affect the pressure you can run. Also the reason most bmxers run high pressures is to avoid pinch flats. Go tubeless and you don't get pinch flats.

Edit: 16" tubes used to make ghetto tubeless rim strips.

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 19:58 Quote
Yes i am running rim strips, and i never get pinch flats, i run my tire at 105 psi, its only the glass thats the problem.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013176
Mobile Version of Website