Is the STINKY a good bike to use for trails around town which include a little climbing and a little Diablo like riding OR shoul

PB Forum :: Downhill
Is the STINKY a good bike to use for trails around town which include a little climbing and a little Diablo like riding OR shoul
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
yeah man, there prolly warentyed for atleast a year, theyll have extra parts in warehouses for sure.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
As sone as a bike gets rented, it no longer has a warrenty.

well if this guys right, then its a very big gamble.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
even if the sunday didnt have a warranty, have you ever seen one break, they seem really strong.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:27 Quote
no hucking on a sunday. PERIOD

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:27 Quote
there good bikes, but rentals arent treated to nicely. i would think diablo would ahve an incentive regarding warrentys to make sure it atleast make sure it lasts a year

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
fallen55 wrote:
there good bikes, but rentals arent treated to nicely. i would think diablo would ahve an incentive regarding warrentys to make sure it atleast make sure it lasts a year

good man. rentals are beat, by a used one on here. dhr would be nice. or a sx trail

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
umm well considering that the company uses they exact same frame as a quote extreme freeride bike i would say differently

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
no, from y sources ive heard taht if you start hucking on a sunday,it messes up the linkage. and the second a bolt gets loose and u dont notice. the linkage warps. either huck and check your linkage or by a nice fr bike and throw it around

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:33 Quote
jcc1015 wrote:
Stinkys are terrible for pedaling, and there are many better options for climbing, handling, wieght and durablity, take a reign, for example. The bike will handle much better than a stinky ever will, it is much more durable, and will climb like a hardtail compared to a sluggish stinky.
i agree with this guy the maestro suspenion is bomb and the new reigns dont have the glory whole so they r getting pretty light..the only thing is that i think the reign x is a better choice...i have ridden both and the reign didnt pedal much better than the reign x and the reign x had a coil shock instead of a air shock...definitely go for a reign x..they r sooooo sick

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:34 Quote
mbjz wrote:
jcc1015 wrote:
Stinkys are terrible for pedaling, and there are many better options for climbing, handling, wieght and durablity, take a reign, for example. The bike will handle much better than a stinky ever will, it is much more durable, and will climb like a hardtail compared to a sluggish stinky.
i agree with this guy the maestro suspenion is bomb and the new reigns dont have the glory whole so they r getting pretty light..the only thing is that i think the reign x is a better choice...i have ridden both and the reign didnt pedal much better than the reign x and the reign x had a coil shock instead of a air shock...definitely go for a reign x..they r sooooo sick

that too. reign x's are NASTY (in a good way)

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:37 Quote
Well since i grotta do some homework lol ima leave this with my final thoughts on the subject lol. The rentals are beaten but if diablo warrentys them id say that would be good. get one with good compnets, n inspect the frome for ay possible problems...at all. If they dont have a warrenty, look for a shop deal on an older (08 now i guess) model freeride bike, from a strong, well trusted company. If you cant find a good deal, look on pinkbike but remember that all bikes on here have absolutly no warrenty so make sure to remeber that, remeber to carefully research the seller, no how he rides n if he abuses his bike, look at his photos for overly large jumos or drops, n drops to flat especially.
personnaly i would get an 09 sx trail, nothing earlyer since they dont cater well to dh. but its prolly out of the price range

Change the name of the thread to be shorter n more attractive to expericenc riders
edit your origninal question to include price range n riding level n style. hopefuly youll get some more opinion...make sure to remove the stiny idea, or itll be a flame war

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:40 Quote
dude, im doing homework and am on pinkbike. come on, step up your game. i dont like the sx trail to much, like the dhr and sunday, and am 50/50 with the stinky.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
if your going stinky invest a little more and get a sx trail or wildcard those were my 2 choices jsut happens that my cousin got a sx trail so i got a wildcard and its better

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
well ike the dude above said, the sunday would need to be tuend very regularily because it is formost a dh race bike. the dhr i dont know much about, but it too is more of a race dh bike. from the sound of it you need more of a freeride bike like a Demo or session 88

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:48 Quote
fallen55 wrote:
well ike the dude above said, the sunday would need to be tuend very regularily because it is formost a dh race bike. the dhr i dont know much about, but it too is more of a race dh bike. from the sound of it you need more of a freeride bike like a Demo or session 88

sx trail its 6 pounds lighter than a demo 7

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013163
Mobile Version of Website